Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 245 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
daniel.victoria
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Boinc graphics very slow

Hi,

I just changed from UD to BOINC in my XP box and the graphics display window is very slow. It loads up as a black windows and then, after some time, it stats showing some graphs. But, if I put some other window on top, the graphics display goes back to a black window. Could it be that I'm running on a old computer? (AMD Duron 798 Mhz with 500mb RAM). I know, I need a new machine....

The funny thing is that the graphics on the UD agent worked fine...
[Oct 9, 2007 7:25:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Boinc graphics very slow

Hi daniel.victoria,
UD graphics were licensed Windows packages. BOINC is open source multi-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux). The Windows graphics software is much more highly developed. Using general graphics software is like slipping back 20 years when compared with commercial Windows software. But then, the graphics are just eye candy. (Sigh . . . I liked the UD graphics too.) The important thing is the application.

Lawrence
[Oct 10, 2007 3:04:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread