Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 998 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
mingjack
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
some problem

hi, I gt one problem and that is when i shutdown my computer and the next day i use it i found out that the task fight childhood cancer project is start again from 0% and the day before i shutdown my computer is calculate until 50%.
----------------------------------------

[Mar 26, 2009 9:14:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: some problem

Please read all about checkpoints: http://wcg.wikia.com/wiki/Checkpoints
[Mar 26, 2009 9:28:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

mingjack,
After reading all about checkpoints please update or create your cc_config.xml file to have checkpoints logged in your message log. Having no checkpoint to restart from after 50 % progress is very strange to say the least. Whichever way I consider it that should never happen, unless you have entered a huge number in the "Write to disk at most every: xx seconds" parameter of your device profile or your local preferences.

If you cannot fix it by yourself please insert the start of your message log in your next post (from "Starting BOINC client..." to the first "Starting task ..." line).

Cheers. Jean.
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Mar 26, 2009 10:36:28 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

The current alpha client 6.6 has a properties screen for tasks showing a number of technical and resource data items and also shows the last time a checkpoint was saved to disk. Think it will be a while before WCG will give signal to start Beta testing, complete the code audit and customizes it with the WCG skin before giving the ok.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Mar 26, 2009 10:53:19 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mingjack
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thanks for your all helping. My problem have now solved.
but come with another problem, when it reached certain percentage it will drop back 1 percent and it keep recycle. issit normal?

[Apr 2, 2009 9:01:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

If talking FightAIDS@Home (FAAH) job, yes. The progress is recalibrated each time an docking attempt is made, until it succeeds, then it moves on to the next resistance point to find lowest energy (see graphs).
[Apr 2, 2009 9:08:20 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

And if you are talking of HFCC, the subject of this thread, it is normal too, for the same reasons as explained for FAAH. wink
Cheers. Jean.
[Apr 2, 2009 9:17:53 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

And if you are talking of HFCC, the subject of this thread, it is normal too, for the same reasons as explained for FAAH. wink
Cheers. Jean.

I looked and looked and looked but see no HFCC in the OP... but yes of course, it's the HFCC forum. Good point to add to the checkpoint FAQ biggrin
[Apr 2, 2009 9:35:16 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

Good point to add to the checkpoint FAQ

Sure, because the first checkpoint is taken only at the end of this "oscillating period", so you better not interrupt it.
I don't know if it is the same for all Autodock projects (I have not watched others so closely), but it's true for HFCC at least.

Cheers. Jean.
[Apr 2, 2009 10:59:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread