Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 997 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Cureseekers.Albantar
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
shock Calculation errors...

Hello fellow HFCC crunchers,

I joined WCG about a week ago and started crunching mainly HFCC to hunt for badges :) Gold badge coming up soon! :) (Yay! Gold badge is there!)

Anyway, I've had several machines turn up errors in the result status. In total I've had 15 of them from 7 different machines. The worst of them scored 4 errors out of 8 returned results (of the others 2 are valid, and 2 pending validation).

Could this be machine trouble, or is the HFCC project prone to causing errors? How could I check whether it's the machines that are causing the problems or something else?
----------------------------------------
Credo in unum Deum, Patrem omnipotentem, factorem caeli et terrae, visibilium omnium et invisibilium.
Et in unum Deum Iesum Christum, Filium Dei unigenitum, et ex Patre natum ante omnia saecula.
Deum de Deo, Lumen de Lumine, Deum verum de Deo vero.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cureseekers.Albantar at Aug 1, 2009 5:22:39 PM]
[Aug 1, 2009 9:18:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Calculation errors...

Hello Cureseekers.Albantar,
Up to 50% errors in HFCC! That is definitely not normal. When you click on a error result on the Results Status page, what does it say?

Lawrence
[Aug 1, 2009 11:26:18 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Up to 50% errors in HFCC! That is definitely not normal. When you click on a error result on the Results Status page, what does it say?

Lawrence

Also are you overclocking ?
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Aug 1, 2009 11:58:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Lawrence

Even if he's not overclocking, is his system overheating?
[Aug 1, 2009 12:02:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cureseekers.Albantar
Cruncher

I think the machines in question might be overheating. The problem is that I won't be on the site where they are for another two weeks, so I'm afraid they'll have to continue throwing up errors from time to time until I can dust them out! :D
Credo in unum Deum, Patrem omnipotentem, factorem caeli et terrae, visibilium omnium et invisibilium.
Et in unum Deum Iesum Christum, Filium Dei unigenitum, et ex Patre natum ante omnia saecula.
[Aug 1, 2009 12:12:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Lawrence

Even if he's not overclocking, is his system overheating?

Good catch. I should have put it in as a followup question.

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Aug 1, 2009 2:06:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

I think the machines in question might be overheating. The problem is that I won't be on the site where they are for another two weeks, so I'm afraid they'll have to continue throwing up errors from time to time until I can dust them out! :D

If they are profiled from the web site (and not via the local preferences) you might set one of the four standard profiles to 50 % processor usage and link these failing machines to this lower usage profile until you can get them cleaned.

Cheers. Jean.
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Aug 1, 2009 8:12:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cureseekers.Albantar
Cruncher

If they are profiled from the web site (and not via the local preferences) you might set one of the four standard profiles to 50 % processor usage and link these failing machines to this lower usage profile until you can get them cleaned.

Cheers. Jean.

You're a genious! Thanks.
[Aug 2, 2009 11:28:05 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread