Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 84
Posts: 84   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 56452 times and has 83 replies Next Thread
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: New BETA Linux Test

Yes, but the developers have it on their list to get to per-app DCF. Till then WCG is considered 1 bucket by the client. WCG Science hopping has that effect till then and will take ~15 completed tasks to adapt the value. After 80 CEP2, my quad DCF is 0.4 presently and still overstating the estimate until the servers have found the sweet spot fpops to put in the task headers. For that reason, I keep the cache now at 0.7 to make sure that whatever comes, the mean return times stay under 2 days.
----------------------------------------
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Jul 1, 2010 8:43:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Kremmen and one other reported the same in this thread, turning into an invalid result... how long did the task run and what CPU?

About 1/3 of mine that were on old machines (P3/Athlon) went Invalid as previously described. (RC=0x04 logged immediately prior to Finished Job #4) Most went 12 hours, some did not. e.g. BETA_A.19.C16H10S2Se.1.2.set1d06_0-- ran for 10.15 hours.
[Jul 4, 2010 6:30:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
martin64
Senior Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:

At one of my computers it's similar, but exit code 195. Production WUs run for a time between half a minute and 3 minutes, then they all abort.

So I did another exercise, now with the production version: I copied the entire boinc directory from the USB stick (8 Gig) to an external hard drive and ran BOINC from there. All the sudden it works. It looks like CEP2 doesn't like USB sticks? crying

Regards,
Martin

[Jul 4, 2010 8:23:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

martin64,

yes, as observed in past, the USB sticks did show as not fast enough. For longer I crunched off a 8GB hi rated stick and got an increased error rate, not very significant at all though, just more, but CEP2 is a bit bigger than normal. I've had one error, 11 seconds fail, and that one was with all the wingman (6) and a second got Server aborted even before starting, same diagnosis. Would be interesting to learn what the specs are of successful v failing USB stick crunchers.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Jul 4, 2010 8:47:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 84   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread