Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1991 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Some short news about the project

Hello everyone,

First I would like to apologise for not posting new more often on the forum. The first phase of HCMD produced a huge amount of data, which we are still working on and should keep us busy for many more months.

Anyway, I attended an international meeting about molecular recognition last months, where I had the opportunity to give a talk about the project and I had some very positive feedback from the audience. Afterwards I had some very stimulating discussions with immunologists working on vaccine design against diseases like cancer or HIV who were quite interested by HCMD.
I turns out that, even thought this project first goal is to target proteins involved in neuromuscular diseases, what we're going to learn about protein recognition will also be of use for other scientific communities, since we are trying to understand very fundamental processes in biology.

All these discussions gave me new ideas on how we should work on the data produced by HCMD1, and I'll try to write a scientific paper about it next fall. Of course I'll keep you informed as soon as it's ready.

Till then I can only thank you again for your invaluable help in carrying on this project.

Best regards,
Sophie
[Jul 20, 2010 8:33:19 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sk..
Master Cruncher
http://s17.rimg.info/ccb5d62bd3e856cc0d1df9b0ee2f7f6a.gif
Project Badges:
Re: Some short news about the project

Hi Sophie, thanks for the insight. It's always good to hear from the scientists.
[Jul 20, 2010 9:13:42 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:

Yes Sophie, thanks for taking a couple of minutes out of what sounds like a very busy schedule you have, for keeping us informed. It's always appreciated biggrin
----------------------------------------

[Jul 20, 2010 10:47:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

- chofie - Thankyou for your report. Looking forward o reading your upcomming paper. Sounds very ineresting..
[Jul 20, 2010 11:02:37 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kateiacy
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Hello everyone,

I turns out that, even thought this project first goal is to target proteins involved in neuromuscular diseases, what we're going to learn about protein recognition will also be of use for other scientific communities, since we are trying to understand very fundamental processes in biology.

Best regards,
Sophie

It is so exciting the way different areas of scientific endeavor are intertwined, so that advances in one benefit many others as well.

Thank you for the update!

[Jul 20, 2010 12:36:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
rose Re: Some short news about the project

tongue
Lawrence
[Jul 21, 2010 2:23:32 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nasher
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

thanks for the information update

it is always nice to hear from the scientists and how the work is going. I am sure most of us would love to read the paper once it is written.. of corse for people like me i normaly end up doing online searches for 1/2 the termonology but its still intresting to read

please keep us up to date and thanks

[Jul 21, 2010 5:47:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KerSamson
Master Cruncher
Switzerland
Project Badges:

Thank you very much Sophie !
I wish you a lot of courage and success for writing the mentioned paper.
Cheers,
Yves
[Jul 22, 2010 4:37:12 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread