Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 93
Posts: 93   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 67023 times and has 92 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Clean Energy Project Phase 2 Scheduling change

Thanks Sek. :Thumbsup:
[Oct 23, 2010 9:53:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
I need a bath
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Uplinger, I HATE this new rule. I finally got my octo to run this well, and now it can only do one at a time. This is a nighmare!

edit/P.S. I understand that I am not the only user in the world. Sorry for the complaint. Keep up the good work. smile
----------------------------------------

[Edit 1 times, last edit by I need a bath at Oct 23, 2010 1:04:41 PM]
[Oct 23, 2010 12:49:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
evilkats
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Uplinger, I HATE this new rule. I finally got my octo to run this well, and now it can only do one at a time. This is a nighmare!

I second that. My Linux Quad had no problem crunching CEP2 WUs. Please help us revert back to 1WU/core. crying

[Oct 23, 2010 1:07:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

It seems indeed this rule has taken effect. I changed by profile to only get CEP2 and DDDT2 and don't get anything... maybe because I've still got a half dozen in the queue. What then I think would need to have a message to show in the logs is that the client is already having it's quota... something along the line of:

Message from server: No work is available for CEP2. Device Already has a task.

The deadline was proposed by one of the debaters in a current thread to be something short so it would push ahead of the queue, and this being an "Opt-In" project it can then be reasonably expected that tasks are short order returned so for instance a 4 day deadline with a 4321 minute application switch time (3 days + 1 minute) would push this ahead. This is a tried and working setting on my quad with a 1 day cache... all repairs skip ahead.

Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:37:16 PM CEST World Community Grid Sending scheduler request: To report completed tasks.
Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:37:16 PM CEST World Community Grid Reporting 1 completed tasks, requesting new tasks
Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:37:16 PM CEST World Community Grid [sched_op_debug] CPU work request: 57774.41 seconds; 0.00 CPUs
Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:37:21 PM CEST World Community Grid Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:37:21 PM CEST World Community Grid [sched_op_debug] Server version 601
Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:37:21 PM CEST World Community Grid Message from server: No work sent
Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:37:21 PM CEST World Community Grid Message from server: No work is available for Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together - Phase 2
Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:37:21 PM CEST World Community Grid Message from server: No work is available for Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together - Phase 2 (Type A)
Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:37:21 PM CEST World Community Grid Message from server: No work available for the applications you have selected. Please check your settings on the website.

Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:37:21 PM CEST World Community Grid Project requested delay of 11 seconds
Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:37:21 PM CEST World Community Grid [sched_op_debug] handle_scheduler_reply(): got ack for result E200478_810_A.25.C18H12N4S2Si.9.1.set1d06_0
Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:37:21 PM CEST World Community Grid [sched_op_debug] Deferring communication for 11 sec
Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:37:21 PM CEST World Community Grid [sched_op_debug] Reason: requested by project
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Oct 23, 2010 1:47:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nanoprobe
Master Cruncher
Classified
Project Badges:

I second that. My Linux Quad had no problem crunching CEP2 WUs. Please help us revert back to 1WU/core. crying

I don't know what to say about this new rule either. I've had no problems running this project. I awoke this morning to find 2 of my 3 CEP2 only machines crunching 1 WU each. sad Hopefully they will get things ironed out shortly and we'll get back to normal.
In 1969 I took an oath to defend and protect the U S Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and Domestic. There was no expiration date.

[Oct 23, 2010 3:49:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ingleside
Veteran Cruncher
Norway
Project Badges:

It seems indeed this rule has taken effect. I changed by profile to only get CEP2 and DDDT2 and don't get anything... maybe because I've still got a half dozen in the queue. What then I think would need to have a message to show in the logs is that the client is already having it's quota... something along the line of:

Message from server: No work is available for CEP2. Device Already has a task.

BOINC-servers already sends such messages, they looks like this: "Message from Name-of-Project: This computer has reached a limit on tasks in progress".

"I make so many mistakes. But then just think of all the mistakes I don't make, although I might."
[Oct 23, 2010 4:06:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Well, Ingleside, there was not hence which is why I posted the suggestion and the complete log snip. Hope that makes sense, and no, WCG still sends out v 601 as server version, at least last I looked and posted that today ;-)
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Oct 23, 2010 4:15:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
yose-ue
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Can the restrictions be done based on the ratio of cores (or streams) to the amount of system memory. It seams that the systems that are having trouble are the ones that have limited memory compared to the amount of cores.
[Oct 23, 2010 4:42:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
guenterhb
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I think the best solution would be an user-settable switch for limit CEP to one/don't limit to one.
[Oct 23, 2010 4:45:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
petehardy
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

For those people that are purely using the device for crunching, you can run a Virtual Machine with 1 core for each real core on the device.

This assumes that you have adequate real resources

"Patience is a virtue", I can't wait to learn it!
[Oct 23, 2010 5:27:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 93   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread