Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 230
Posts: 230   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 56447 times and has 229 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Talk of Expected Completion date of HCC

Unless something big puts the breaks on, it will be over sooner than later. We're now @ sub 100 days work at recent speed.

Crunch On.

--//--

Wrote this on June 27... then I Read the News Today, Oh Boy ... my lips are sealed **, and enough distractions to dispense of an earlier warning ... ;O)

--//--

P.S.: ** Oh boy, another of these double English meaning words and spelled same for both... "seal"... a heteronym. biggrin

P.P.S. Giving no cryptography clues.
[Jul 20, 2011 4:22:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
johncmacalister2010@gmail.com
Veteran Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

Unless something big puts the breaks on, it will be over sooner than later. We're now @ sub 100 days work at recent speed.

Crunch On.

--//--

Wrote this on June 27... then I Read the News Today, Oh Boy ... my lips are sealed **, and enough distractions to dispense of an earlier warning ... ;O)

--//--

P.S.: ** Oh boy, another of these double English meaning words and spelled same for both... "seal"... a heteronym. biggrin

I'm running until the supply of tasks dries up.... smile
----------------------------------------

crunching, crunching, crunching.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core Processor with Windows 11 64 Pro.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor with Windows 11 64 Pro (part time)

smile
[Jul 21, 2011 4:22:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

If we have 60 more days to work on HCC, I am looking at 5 years at a minimum. The question is whetheror not I will be able to get to six years.
[Jul 29, 2011 12:16:53 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mfbabb2
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Actually, it is a homonym -- heteronyms are pronounced differently (lead = LED and LEED).
Murphy

[Jul 29, 2011 3:22:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mfbabb2
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I am getting Gold and trying for Ruby, but I don't know if there is enough left in the barrel with everyone trying to get in some last boosts.
Murphy

[Jul 29, 2011 3:25:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

If a new project starts in less than two months, it may extend the end date of HCC.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 29, 2011 5:09:47 AM]
[Jul 29, 2011 5:09:20 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
martin64
Senior Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:

If a new project starts in less than two months, it may extend the end date of HCC.

...but if HCMD2 remains down, things may even go faster... wink

Regards,
Martin

[Jul 29, 2011 6:34:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:

...but if HCMD2 remains down, things may even go faster... wink

But, there again, if HFCC restarts (as is likely before HCC finishes), then that'll also have a knock-on effect...

And people were asking/berating SekeRob for not providing precise dates of when a project will finish... IT'S IMPOSSIBLE, THINGS HAPPEN!!!!

[Jul 29, 2011 9:19:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Let me refrain from *advising* the berators... many will see why WCG wont give any prediction... they could give a 60 day warning too, disturb the ecosystem that requires techs to constantly adjust matrices and then realize again that scientists are scientists, always needing more data ;>)

At any rate, ATM I know 3/4th of the projected day numbers on the dashboard have been overtaken by new info and events, few cryptanalytics reading what I'm saying between the lines [No comments on my part of course, as I'm not ad lib to tell]. Outlook numbers will be reworked after HFCC returns and HCMD2 comes back and XXXX has launched and and and but for every day you don't see a 30 day notice you'll know it's at least 31 ;O

--//--
[Jul 29, 2011 10:03:35 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RT
Master Cruncher
USA - Texas - DFW
Project Badges:

I really like that last part...
....and and and but for every day you don't see a 30 day notice you'll know it's at least 31 ;O
wink

Silly I know but I am trying to get to 100 years of HCC and am only at 68 now...so it is looking really iffy.
One of your friends in Texas cowboy
RT Website Hosting

[Jul 30, 2011 3:45:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 230   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread