Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 676
Posts: 676   Pages: 68   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 75324 times and has 675 replies Next Thread
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Drug Search for Leishmaniasis Project Recognition Thread

metacatlet, to say that you're "not a badge-chaser", you're doing pretty good with what you've got - 5 Ruby's and 2 Gold's biggrin

All I'll say, is keep up the good work - each and every WU crunched is valuable smile
----------------------------------------

[Sep 2, 2011 4:12:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JSYKES
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

I got off to something of a slow start as I am still crushing all other projects as well at the moment but have 18 valid and 20 in PV at the present time with another 25 or so in the hoppers, either being crunched or waiting to drop into the processors.....I hope to have Bronze before the end of the w/e - but that rather depends on the wingmen and the PV's.....same old, same old!!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by JSYKES at Sep 2, 2011 10:21:21 PM]
[Sep 2, 2011 10:17:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I have a sliver of silver...
[Sep 3, 2011 12:41:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KWSN - A Shrubbery
Master Cruncher

Thirteen days and however many hours. This doesn't surprise me at all, it's just typical luck. At least this project isn't likely to end before I can finish off the first badge level like the other three.

Distributed computing volunteer since September 27, 2000
[Sep 3, 2011 1:38:20 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KerSamson
Master Cruncher
Switzerland
Project Badges:

Bronze after the night update!
[Sep 3, 2011 1:43:53 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mclaver
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

I have a sliver of silver...

And I got my silver too. I have worked through all of my other WUs in cache and all of my computers are now dedicated to DSFL. As long as the WUs keep coming I should have Gold in the morning.

- Mitch

[Sep 3, 2011 2:49:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
coolstream
Senior Cruncher
SCOTLAND
Project Badges:

The purpose of a service install is exactly that... have it start before anyone signs in. If it hinders you can set a delay in the cc_config.xml in case you plan to log in ASAP on a frequent basis.

--//--

That might be worth considering the. I don't get many power cuts, but there's a paper mill nearby and sometimes they cause the area to lose power for an hour or so.

It would be handy to have the insurance of knowng that when power comes back and machines reboot, they would continue to number crunch even in my absence.

Would it be safe to just reinstall over my original installation to make BOINC run as a service?

Crunching in memory of my Mum PEGGY, cousin ROPPA and Aunt AUDREY.
[Sep 3, 2011 3:49:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KWSN - A Shrubbery
Master Cruncher

The purpose of a service install is exactly that... have it start before anyone signs in. If it hinders you can set a delay in the cc_config.xml in case you plan to log in ASAP on a frequent basis.

--//--

That might be worth considering the. I don't get many power cuts, but there's a paper mill nearby and sometimes they cause the area to lose power for an hour or so.

It would be handy to have the insurance of knowng that when power comes back and machines reboot, they would continue to number crunch even in my absence.

Would it be safe to just reinstall over my original installation to make BOINC run as a service?

I've never had issues with installing over the top. Some people will recommend at least stopping the service before attempting an install, but the install stops the service as part of the process. After all, you only live twice...

And just a quick note (more for other readers than you), be sure to set the bios to start the system when power is restored.

Distributed computing volunteer since September 27, 2000
[Sep 3, 2011 5:41:35 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

.....bronze arriving! biggrin
[Sep 3, 2011 5:51:04 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

I am hoping at the lunchtime update (13:00 in the UK)

Then onwards to another blue one biggrin

Let's hope we'll see the PV inertia overcome smile

[Sep 3, 2011 8:18:10 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 676   Pages: 68   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread