Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12220 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
sgoll
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
something is strange here ...

Okay, one of my crunchers is not getting workunits for HCMD2.

10-Jan-2012 02:48:43 [World Community Grid] Message from server: Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy - Phase 2 needs 190.27MB more disk space. You currently have 209.73 MB available and it needs 400.00 MB.

So far, so bad. But the computer is getting c4cw wus. When looking into https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/help/viewTopic.do?shortName=minimumreq I'm getting a bit confused because c4cw is rated with 100 MB disk space und HCMD2 with 50 MB. I'm also getting HCC, DSFL and HPF2 wus ...

It seems that HCMD2 wants 400 MB of disk space and not only 50.Can someone please update the requirements?
----------------------------------------

[Jan 10, 2012 10:31:12 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
HCMD2: something is strange here ... System Requirement dont check.

No matter the situation, the available space to BOINC is dangerously low, which when an actual larger task runs could lead to job failings.

Suggest you free up space by running the Windows cleanup tool, to clear temp folders and the like. Gigabytes in files can be obscured there. Was recently made aware by a member that there is also a temp folder under the user account, where I found 5 GB in junk hiding. The path is C:\Users\youraccountname\AppData\Local\Temp. The folder address has to be typed in file explorer to get there.

--//--

P.S. Meaningful opening post titles help support ;>)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jan 10, 2012 10:55:39 AM]
[Jan 10, 2012 10:53:41 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sgoll
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: HCMD2: something is strange here ... System Requirement dont check.

Errrm ... it's not Windows, it's Linux. I just added this system and stumbled over the error message in the log file. Now I cleaned up the kernel sources and I have 800 MB of free disk space. :) So disk space is not the problem anymore ... it's only the confusing statement in the requiremens page.
Stephan

[Jan 10, 2012 12:44:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Kind of very late, so near the end [about 1.5 months left], but I've put a message out to the techs on this. There was a discussion in 2010 on the subject https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/printpost_post,280305 with same findings, so not sure why it did not get corrected then.

--//--
[Jan 10, 2012 1:23:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Sorry for the oversight. We have changed the setting to the 50MB that is the actual requirement.
[Jan 11, 2012 3:39:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread