Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 31
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20984 times and has 30 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
not getting new "tasks" for wrold grid (RESOLVED)

good day!,

ive been running boinc since july 23 and initally i got some tasks and completted then and got my results, with world grid i also have three other projects running. without anychange in setting ive been doin very well in the other projects but am unable to get any new ones from world grid, which i really want to get caught up. ive even removeed the other tasks to no new new task and left for a week, and still world grid is not proccesing for me.

ive looked thru the forums but cannot find a similar instance, so im throwin this out there for support. i really do wanna help this cause. alot.

specs, win 7, i7 980@3.33ghz, 24gigs ram, 64bit,

settings for bionc is always on for cpu, gpu and network always avalible.
15 gigs set aside for projects.

*added 'RESOLVED' to the topic, per request - ErikaT
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ErikaT at Sep 5, 2012 11:24:17 AM]
[Aug 22, 2012 3:44:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: not getting new "tasks" for wrold grid

Hi,

Please post us your BOINC message/event log *after* you have selected WCG in the projects tab and hit the Update button on left.
[Aug 22, 2012 3:54:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

hrmp
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Aug 22, 2012 5:29:55 PM]
[Aug 22, 2012 4:08:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

A quick test is to suspend [in project tab], all your projects except WCG, then hit Update for WCG again. With version 7.0.28 and GPU computing combined, I'd not give many pennies on the scheduling and priorities. Try 7.0.33 client which gives additional messages with reason why work is not obtained from a project. Also, set the Activity menu to "run always", so that computing is allowed while you're using the computer as presently when you do it is doing:

22/08/2012 9:40:52 AM | | don't compute while active
22/08/2012 9:40:52 AM | | don't use GPU while active
22/08/2012 9:40:52 AM | | suspend work if non-BOINC CPU load exceeds 25 %
[Aug 22, 2012 4:17:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

and from where would i get this 7.0.33, http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download.php is only at 7.0.28?
[Aug 22, 2012 5:01:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

You got to that page. Did you read it and follow the further links to "All Versions" where there is 7.0.31? Actually the only thing to be done is change the hyperlink address of 7.0.28 to 7.0.33

P.S. Is the shift-key on your keyboard broken?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Aug 22, 2012 5:14:10 PM]
[Aug 22, 2012 5:13:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

sarcasim much?

YES i got to the the main page. thanx

and YES i read the page, although i did not think it was neccessary to search out the newest version of the software from a redirect from the main download page. {maybe a link instead of sarcamism} and maybe i was right as the one i did find (in big and red typ) said that it "(MAY BE UNSTABLE - USE ONLY FOR TESTING) " . so thanx for your guidence!, without any substance.

for a "comunity advisor", prettly much shut me down. im dun fighting to try and help u guys out.

i always say thanx for your time, but as u have NO respecet for mine.
same to you.
[Aug 22, 2012 5:40:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello krashd and Welcome to the WCG forum !

CA SekeRob:
Installing is always a risky thing. Are you sure you want to recommend that cruncher krashd go that route? I recommend to be a bit conservative, if only for a moment. That said...

krashd:
In your existing BOINC_v7.0.28, hover your mouse to the 'Tools' menu-item, click on that 'Tools' menu-item, and next click the ensuing 'Computing preferences...' menu-item. A 'BOINC - Preferences' dialog-box should pop out. Now, under the 'processor usage' tab, make sure that there is a check-mark beside the 'While computer is in use' item. Next, click on OK to dismiss the 'BOINC - Preferences' dialog-box. Finally, hover your mouse to the 'Activity' menu-item, click on it, and select the ensuing 'Always run' item. That's it for now.

Check back and report how that went. cool
;
; edit1_2012.08.22We.1745.utc
;
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Aug 22, 2012 5:45:26 PM]
[Aug 22, 2012 5:41:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

krashd,

WCG is preparing to adopt 7.0.31, (or a later of the 7.0.xx version if that in the interim is more stable). Been running 7.0.33 since it's out and gives the additional denial of work reason messages you wont get in 7.0.28. It was the easier path rather than long instructions on how to configure extra debug logging... your time as valuable as mine, and since we know 7.0.28 is *not* as stable as claimed at Berkeley, and 7.0.31 is also having it's little quips, pointed you at a better [latest] one.

Don't be put off so easy... yes I bite at times ;>) Crunching you don't do for me... you *and* me and all other members do it for everyone in hopes of finding cures and solutions to the world's problems.

cheers

edit: spellcheck
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Aug 22, 2012 5:59:05 PM]
[Aug 22, 2012 5:54:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Now why did you remove the message log? Did you try the other bits I suggested such as suspending all other projects and set the Activity menu to Run Always. That would force the WCG hand to give a reason why no work is send [bar for setting more complicated debug flags.
[Aug 22, 2012 6:01:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread