Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 31
Posts: 31   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20867 times and has 30 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: not getting new "tasks" for wrold grid

Now why did you remove the message log?...
A result of an emotional reaction of the negative kind, I'd say. Bottom line: the attempt for a resolution of the issue that cruncher krashd is having -- is not advanced.

Shall we all now reset and boot up using mostly the neurons in the left-side of the brain? I'm itching to pounce on the issue cruncher krashd is having with the prime suspect: BOINC-settings... cool
;
[Aug 22, 2012 6:40:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TKH
Former World Community Grid Admin
USA
Project Badges:

Dear Members, we are here to assist each other. Please abide by our forum rules. Thanks.

Tedi
[Aug 23, 2012 1:02:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
blano1
Cruncher
Project Badges:

This is a problem for me also. I have reset, detached, attached, checked and rechecked preferences. Updated to 7.0.33 and found on the update that I "don't need" any tasks. Absolutely no tasks (cpu) from any project was in the BOINC manager at the time. Suggestions?

8/26/2012 10:13:57 AM | World Community Grid | update requested by user
8/26/2012 10:14:01 AM | World Community Grid | Sending scheduler request: Requested by user.
8/26/2012 10:14:01 AM | World Community Grid | Not requesting tasks: don't need
8/26/2012 10:14:04 AM | World Community Grid | Scheduler request completed
[Aug 26, 2012 3:36:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Not getting new "tasks" for World Community Grid

Ho blano1,

A rather vexing problem. You say *was*, implying you got some from elsewhere in the meantime, which at least infers that some of the client control counters are not corrupted. On the website, device profiles, there's an option to specify if only wanting GPU tasks. "Allow research to run on my CPU? Yes" (Default). Plz check if it really is.

Whilst, I do not know if 7.0.33 is actually smart enough to know that the device profile would have a "No" and thus the client responding with [don't need].

Let us know.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Aug 26, 2012 3:57:45 PM]
[Aug 26, 2012 3:55:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
blano1
Cruncher
Project Badges:

In the device profile, both the home and default profile for allowing CPU work are set to "yes". I run CPU tasks from sites other than WCG, that download without exception. I only run HCC at WCG. I allowed all CPU tasks from these other sites to complete and upload under the small chance that maybe BOINC was thinking I had to much work in the hopper.

Thanks for your help.
[Aug 26, 2012 4:40:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

If you go into the project tab, select each project, one at the time and hit the properties button on left, you get supplemental information on scheduling and fetching for both GPU and CPU. If the numbers are zero or negative, than indeed WCG is not need [entitled] to CPU time. Mind you, they're still busying at the developers of the issue of GPU tasks causing CPU's to idle. The rather brute force trick, as was suggested earlier in this thread, is to briefly suspend all your other projects so WCG is truly the sole one that has work fetch rights. Then hit update to see what happens.
[Aug 26, 2012 5:03:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
blano1
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Rob...

Before suspending all other projects, the scheduling priortity was -0.00. After suspending projects...the scheduling priority is still at -0.00. Update still says "don't need". This is on this computer...should I try this simultaneously on the other two computers running BOINC.
Thanks
[Aug 26, 2012 5:40:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

shock ... 2 more computers with same issue? Amazing, if so.
[Aug 26, 2012 5:55:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
blano1
Cruncher
Project Badges:

3 computers....no tasks....no idea why.
[Aug 26, 2012 9:00:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Beyond me. Each has on the Advanced menu a "Do network communication". That resets any network deferral counters. 7.0.33 is pretty good at telling why work is not being supplied [a good dozen messages], so if e.g. work fetch is suspended, it would tell so i.e. not considering this. No rhyme or reason... not anything to go on.
[Aug 26, 2012 9:11:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 31   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread