Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8471 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
pirogue
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Suspend/resume on double HCC WUs

Doesn't appear to start back at 50%. I let one get to 51%, suspended it, restarted it, and it restarted at 0%.

At least one person tried this during the beta and reported that it worked: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewpostinthread?post=399964

Did something change between the beta and the release version?
----------------------------------------

[Nov 13, 2012 8:39:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Suspend/resume on double HCC WUs

Propose, if you have not already, to set the <checkpoint_debug> log flag in cc_config.xml and verify that the entry is made in the message/event log before trying again. Then interested to hear if that was at whatever percent and the resume does not do it. One possible is, that the % falsely goes back to zero, when in fact it's doing the second image. Run time would tell.

Let us know.
[Nov 13, 2012 8:46:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pirogue
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

It looks like the 2nd part starts at 0%, finishes and reruns the housekeeping (CPU) part. The final total time was a little higher than a WU that ran through without suspending.

The 0% faked me out.

[Nov 13, 2012 9:01:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
armstrdj
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

It is likely just an issue with how quickly the applicaiton reports the percent complete to boinc when restarting. We typically update percent complete immediately when restarting but it must not be occuring until after the initial processing is done after the restart. I will investigate on our end. If you look in the result log for one that you have restarted there should be a message on the restart with which image it is working on. Let me know if you see anything strange in there.

Thanks,
armstrdj
[Nov 14, 2012 3:20:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pirogue
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I'm pretty sure it only ran the first task once. It was just the 0% that concerned me.

I may try it again, but finding the one referred to in the original post is going to be next to impossible (human hair in a haystack comes to mind).

[Nov 15, 2012 12:49:44 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BladeD
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Doesn't appear to start back at 50%. I let one get to 51%, suspended it, restarted it, and it restarted at 0%.

At least one person tried this during the beta and reported that it worked: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewpostinthread?post=399964

Did something change between the beta and the release version?

Just be sure it's at 50% and not 49.707%. wink
[Nov 15, 2012 4:36:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread