Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 29
Posts: 29   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5281 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Temporary slow down for Drug Search for Leishmaniasis

We have slowed down the project while we wait on new work from the researchers. This is to try and eliminate hosts who have only selected to run Drug Search for Leishmaniasis from going idle.

Thanks,
armstrdj

Not sure now how to interpret this. In relative terms, DSFL is not getting it's regular share of total WCG runtime, but in absolute terms the science is running record after record. The feeder just gave me a 100-23-0000052 structure, which is 31 subsets short of the final 100-54. Can't think of there is an actual expectation for more work. If there is, then what was that, if anything beyond 100-54?... another non-sequential distribution soon jumping back to an earlier structure group? As with HCC which ran a record on it's final day, this science feeder 'bright side of death' will likely also go out with a bang... the noon number is

06/24/2013 70:253:12:48:29 100,897,974 132,402

Double that and we got 141 for the day... another record, so far.

Why the DSFL only devices were on a list of hosts to 'eliminate', must be a special American expression. Suppose it meant to eliminate them from a list running risk to run dry ;>)

Till then, crunching on and needing 7 more uninterrupted feeder days to get to Phase 1 target [no not DSFL Phase I, just my personal double sapphire... Phase 2 is to get to 5 years ;0]
[Jun 24, 2013 1:01:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:

Can't think of there is an actual expectation for more work.
I personally hope that there's more work going to be created - as, if I remember correctly, this project was severely cut back from it's original plan - as it'd have taken several years to have generated all the results they were originally looking to produce. Now that DSFL and FA@H have virtually (not totally - as there is CEP2 slowly plodding on in the background), got the massive power of 'The Grid' all to themselves, then, it'd be a perfect opportunity to get some more results produced.
----------------------------------------

[Jun 24, 2013 1:38:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Last Result Received:

124 World Community Grid 6/28/2013 11:31:49 AM Finished download of DSFL_00100-36_0000045_0006_DSFL_00100-36_0000045_0006.zip

18 more subs to get to 100-54, then what :?
[Jun 28, 2013 11:58:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

So far no new beta's announmcements. And just got DSFL_00100-40_0000013_0680

So guess pretty soon we are down to just 2 projects.
[Jun 29, 2013 1:59:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KWSN - A Shrubbery
Master Cruncher

We have slowed down the project while we wait on new work from the researchers. This is to try and eliminate hosts who have only selected to run Drug Search for Leishmaniasis from going idle.

Thanks,
armstrdj

Why the DSFL only devices were on a list of hosts to 'eliminate', must be a special American expression. Suppose it meant to eliminate them from a list running risk to run dry ;>)
...]

Nothing particularly American about the phrase, but definitely a poor word choice. Prevent would have made the sentence much easier to understand. No offense of course Armstrdj, just need to be very clear when conversing with people for whom English is not their primary language.

Distributed computing volunteer since September 27, 2000
[Jun 29, 2013 6:14:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Deluxe_Cabinets_And_Granite
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

So far no new beta's announmcements. And just got DSFL_00100-40_0000013_0680

So guess pretty soon we are down to just 2 projects.

I'm receiving 41's already! This project is sure moving quickly.

[Jun 29, 2013 8:40:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Since we are down to just 3 project the daily results gone up from around 100.000 to about 250.000 a day. So this one is def in rush mode.
[Jun 29, 2013 9:46:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

starting to crunch 44's.
[Jun 30, 2013 6:22:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

FYI... just in case you didn't see the notification: DSFL will temporarily run out of work in 3 days...

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,35311

CJSL

Crunching for a better future...
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Jul 4, 2013 12:40:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NixChix
Veteran Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Does the feeder still have DSFL WUs to be processed? It is past the 3 day estimate. I can't tell at the moment; my queue is fuller than I wanted since my completion estimates went up after I grabbed 5 days worth of work.

Cheers coffee

[Jul 7, 2013 8:16:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 29   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread