Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 44
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18906 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
User Study Results - Post your thoughts!

Just had a quick scan and it seems reasonable to me......need to study in depth when I settle with a nice cup of Java! biggrin wink
[Aug 19, 2013 3:51:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:
Re: User Study Results - Post your thoughts!

Ah you beat me to it!

The cancer project is now scheduled for Fall.
WCG has two new members added to team.

I really hope WCG will now be able to improve their communication with the volunteers.

Here's to a new beginning!
----------------------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Aug 19, 2013 3:54:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

A tip WCG:

When the SN2S scientists write a new article describing what they are going to do(asking authorization for conducting human trials) send an e-mail with huge bold letters "SN2S scientists are preparing/hoping to conduct human trials based on findings by the World Community Grid"

This should get some members back!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Falconet at Aug 19, 2013 4:00:27 PM]
[Aug 19, 2013 3:59:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
deltavee
Ace Cruncher
Texas Hill Country
Project Badges:

Thanks to WCG for publishing the survey results. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes that are planned.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by deltavee at Aug 19, 2013 4:16:49 PM]
[Aug 19, 2013 4:03:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
branjo
Master Cruncher
Slovakia
Project Badges:

Ah you beat me to it!

The cancer project is now scheduled for Fall.
WCG has two new members added to team.

I really hope WCG will now be able to improve their communication with the volunteers.

Here's to a new beginning!

Link, please raised eyebrow

Crunching@Home since January 13 2000. Shrubbing@Home since January 5 2006

[Aug 19, 2013 4:19:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

[Aug 19, 2013 4:23:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

It's in the homepage.

[Aug 19, 2013 4:25:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I am encouraged by the article and the fact they have added two people to help support the grid. A tip I would offer is to continue to encourage the scientists to post periodic updates. Also a description of the scope of their project(if known) at at least the scope of their various batches so we the users can gauge some sense of how the experiments and project are progressing. I realize this is not always possible, but I would suppose in their application to WCG there would be some sense of the size of the project. I know some projects are recursive(new WU's are generated based on past results) so a definitive answer to this request may not be feasible or too reliable, but I thought I would throw this out for consideration anyway. I did appreciate how the DSFL project handled the scope of their project (having to scale it back from their original size) and how Dr. Perryman keeps us updated on his projects.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Aug 19, 2013 4:56:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jonnieb-uk
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

A well presented report which was worth waiting for. smile

Some thoughts on subjects raised in the report:
As an active member of the UK team I eagerly await the developments as WCG implements Leverage teams more effectively

Appeal to a wider audience
Opportunities to raise the profile of WCG abound - just one example: Today (Aug 19) is UN designated World Humanitarian Day Many of WCG's projects are of a humanitarian nature and thus a tie up with UN WHD would be a good fit.

We have added two new members to the World Community Grid team
Great! biggrin Who are they? Techs or Admin? Any broad indication of areas they will work in?

Only 2% of the survey's respondents joined WCG to collect Badges
As reiterated adnauseam in the Forum, Badges themselves are not important. - But if the system is in place it should reflect current levels of crunching. I hope this is part of the development work to be undertaken.

We ask you to be patient with us as we gradually implement the changes outlined
Patience will be unbounded if WCG keeps the community regularly (quarterly?) updated with a broad overview of progress.

To Join follow this link: Join the UK Team All Welcome! UK Team thread
[Aug 19, 2013 4:58:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

To me the following is one of the more significant findings -
Graphics card (GPU) processing is a significant reason why volunteers might prefer other volunteer computing initiatives.

In that case I think WCG should be more 'open' about the future of GPU here. I know that I have just invested in an HD 7770 card in anticipation and want to use it here and not Conjecturing something else.
[Aug 19, 2013 5:49:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread