Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 957
Posts: 957   Pages: 96   [ Previous Page | 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 183686 times and has 956 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: MCM Progress Reports - May 10 Update

Thanks for the new update! Sgt.Joe

I only hope when FAH project is finished in a couple of weeks that all those computers gonna help the MCM Project.
[May 12, 2015 9:54:13 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
imakuni
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thanks for the new update! Sgt.Joe

I only hope when FAH project is finished in a couple of weeks that all those computers gonna help the MCM Project.

Considering that many FAH devices are mobile (due to the vina app), it's very likely OET, which is also using vina, will get the bigger boost.

At least it's better than losing such devices.. ohhh, I remember a time when we had a GPU project... It was over so fast..........
----------------------------------------

Want to have an image of yourself like this on? Check this thread: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,29840
[May 12, 2015 12:41:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

'Mobile' is a fraction of the total computing contributed, 0.5% of WCG and just 2.2% of FAHV+OET1. FAHV is doing ~85% of that [assuming the android share is equal to the total share FAHV+OET1].
[May 12, 2015 1:00:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
armstrdj
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Re: MCM Progress Reports - May 3 Update

There is no way to tell the duration of a workunit from the name. All workunits for MCM are designed to be in the 5 hour range however as the researchers said there is some tunning that has to be done when some of the parameters are changed.

Thanks,
armstrdj
[May 12, 2015 8:51:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

The project keep postponing...maybe I should run it again? :D
oldies:UDgrid.org & PS3 Life@home

non-profit org. Play4Life in Zagreb, Croatia
[May 13, 2015 9:44:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

The project keep postponing...maybe I should run it again? :D

Unclear what you mean ?????????????

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[May 13, 2015 11:53:56 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: MCM Progress Reports - May 17 Update

The following figures are based on a total number of work units of 350,000,000 from cubes.

Last 30 day average results: 417,674
Estimated end date using 30 day average: November 6, 2015
Percent Complete: 79.22329%
The average length of a WU is currently running about 5.34 hours.

If I look at the latest batch I have received, 13854, that would be about 79.17% complete.

We are at about 5.8 more months of additional crunching at the current recent run rate. All of the days in past week averaged under 6 hours per WU. The average has been slightly decreasing each day, trending toward the target of 5 hours. The completion date has slipped again to the end of week one in November. Production was up last week to just over 2.986 million WU's for the week.

Just for something different I looked at the last 49,000 MCM1 WU I processed. ABOUT 94.4% of the units ended in either a zero or a one. I am going to say these are the ones which do not require a resend, although this is not entirely accurate because the wingman may have created a resend. Of the remainder 5.16% ended in a two which would be a resend for sure. It really tails off after that with .43% ending in a three, .04% ending in a four. I only had two WU's which ended in either a five or a six, one of each. So I am thinking that a resend rate of about 5% is pretty good, showing most crunchers are completing the vast majority of the WU in a timely fashion.

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[May 19, 2015 2:43:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

A wealth of information as always. Thanks Sgt. Joe.

[May 19, 2015 4:18:05 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Eric_Kaiser
Veteran Cruncher
Germany (Hessen)
Project Badges:

Thank you very much for the head up. Really apreciated.

[May 19, 2015 5:26:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

As discussed in other thread, linear extrapolation determined Nov.17 for me. The Research page had Nov.2015 pop in for MCM between yesterday and few days before i.e. WCG is set for middle of November, on the clock. smile

Pretty cool is that the target 5 hours mean is slowly being snug-up on. Whether the indicated parametrization does this or -cutting to size- is improved, is not 100% clear to me. If it's done with parms, it infers less calculations per unit for the same total remaining units [but of course getting the same wanted output].
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at May 19, 2015 7:23:12 AM]
[May 19, 2015 7:16:05 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 957   Pages: 96   [ Previous Page | 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread