Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7997 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
Eric_Kaiser
Veteran Cruncher
Germany (Hessen)
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Raspberry Pi & WCG

not exactly...'cause smart phones only crunch when they are hooked up on electricity...get your facts straight!

not exactly...'cause smart phones only crunch depending to their settings in the boinc client (native boinc).
I have mine crunching always down to a specified battery level or if it's corded.
----------------------------------------

[Apr 2, 2015 11:36:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TimAndHedy
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

I have mine crunching always down to a specified battery level or if it's corded.

I am not looking to discourage you.

Just thinking a dedicated Arm Linux port could start to pull is some reasonable numbers.

Hard to say if it would be more or less than android.

I have a RPI 2 now and am thinking about buying a couple of more for small projects.
I would be happy to run it if available.
[Apr 3, 2015 3:40:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

not exactly...'cause smart phones only crunch when they are hooked up on electricity...get your facts straight!

not exactly...'cause smart phones only crunch depending to their settings in the boinc client (native boinc).

well, what you do with your setting is not advisable...BOINC is deliberately made that way...

but it's your phone...you can throw it also...doesn't mean it's smart...but you can! ;)
oldies:UDgrid.org & PS3 Life@home

non-profit org. Play4Life in Zagreb, Croatia
[Apr 3, 2015 6:14:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Eric_Kaiser
Veteran Cruncher
Germany (Hessen)
Project Badges:

To be honest I believe that the most participants here are using their devices - independent from the kind of device (Android, Linux, MacOS, Windows) - 24/7. The original idea behing boinc was: Using spare cycles.
Sure battery life will be decrease by running 24/7. But a replacement part like a battery for a few bucks I don't waste a second for thinking about that.
With a smartphone you have a big advantage compared to pc or other corded devices: You have an UPS.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Eric_Kaiser at Apr 4, 2015 9:45:08 AM]
[Apr 4, 2015 9:44:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

This is going to be fun, PI2, model B, item 9.... running Windows 10: :http://www.networkworld.com/article/2887224/t...-is-a-killer-product.html

Let the demand games begin biggrin
[Apr 21, 2015 3:04:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

What do you plan to crunch on RPi2?

[Apr 22, 2015 9:19:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

No opinion wanted to share such as 'My Cube is better than your RPi2', for those that have one, here a new Linux based release that runs on it... RaspEx http://www.techworm.net/2015/05/run-debian-8-...rry-pi-2-with-raspex.html
[May 13, 2015 6:20:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

then you are like a woman...need a RPi2, but don't know what for!

men buy only what they need...even if it's a little bit expensive! cool

& so far no RPi is available for WUs on WCG or SETi@home (those are my primary projects)...so, don't need it!

[May 14, 2015 9:57:42 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

kiss
[May 14, 2015 10:54:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

[OT], Either KliK is sexist or he's serious confused as here it's men wanting the toys and gadgets and collect them in a drawer laughing [/OT]
This Raspberry thread at the BOINC forums is for the interested... running tasks with success on Raspberry OS e.g.: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_thread.php?id=9964#60109
[May 16, 2015 12:18:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread