Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1390 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Sid2
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Help Stop TB causing Linux Boxes to Freeze?

I am running 3 linux boxes and the two that were running HSTB have frozen up.

. . . the other that has been crunching ZIKA and MCM just keep crunching.

Anyone else notice this?
----------------------------------------

[May 26, 2016 3:54:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher
Re: Help Stop TB causing Linux Boxes to Freeze?

Anyone else who'd like to know what Linux, client version, hardware Sid2 is smashing up against the HST1 project (it gives use so much better lead to tap comparison and history, AND of course, log from the stdoutdae.txt and stderrdae.txt files for any further technical info would help to speed up finding the sore spots.)

:D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SekeRob* at May 26, 2016 4:34:34 PM]
[May 26, 2016 4:33:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sid2
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Most of that information is lost on restart. . .

[May 26, 2016 4:43:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher

These txt files log all transactions up to the point of crash, often even the reason of crash. smug
[May 26, 2016 4:52:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KerSamson
Master Cruncher
Switzerland
Project Badges:

Most of that information is lost on restart. . .

It is not fully correct. Normally the previous log is stored in stdoutdae.old.
The other possibility is to login remotely (e.g. using putty) via CLI and to generate manually a copy of stdoutdae.txt and stderrdae.txt prior rebooting.
Cheers,
Yves
---
PS: Even if the system seems to freeze on the GUI, the CLI is mostly operable.
[May 27, 2016 2:22:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi, I am running HSTB as well as UGM, OET and Zika on an AMD 8 core processor with Kubunutu 16.04 and have not had a freeze up. smile
[May 27, 2016 3:00:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jay_Orlando
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

i have an old linux box with a 386.
I had freezes when I ran out of swap space.
i deleted, then enlarged the swap partition with gparted, then edited /etc/fstab to put the UUID of the new Swap partition, and all ran OK.

I also ran a smaller project (like Zika).
Hope this helps.
Jay

[Jun 15, 2019 9:55:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jean-David Beyer
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I am running 3 linux boxes and the two that were running HSTB have frozen up. . . . the other that has been crunching ZIKA and MCM just keep crunching. Anyone else notice this?

I run only one Linux box: a Dell T7600 with a four-core 64-bit Xeon processor, 16 GBytes of RAM. I am running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.10 (Santiago). The machine has been up a little over six days since the last reboot (when I had to run Windows 7 for something). Memory usage right now is:

$ free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 16254616 16005352 249264 46644 1420252 10522060
-/+ buffers/cache: 4063040 12191576
Swap: 4095996 30496 4065500

so I am nowhere near running our of swap space: 4 GBytes of swap, 31 megabytes actually used. I am running three beta 7.21 tasks, and one MIP1 task. There are four OpenZika 7.20 tasks ready to run, and three more MIP1 tasks ready to run. I was running up to four HSTB tasks at a time when they were available, but I stopped those when I got up to one year of credit so my other projects could catch up.

[Jun 15, 2019 1:03:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread