Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 291
Posts: 291   Pages: 30   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 107188 times and has 290 replies Next Thread
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
ECD topic

For all those who're interested...I'm about to share pics from my Excel, which quite accurately gets Estimated Completion Dates (ECD) for all current projects...so some people can hunt badges, if the want to keep this game interesting...so, for some it's a game we play, to keep us interested here in this "adult world of crunching"!
wink

So, here're some ECD for current projects:

Right now I'm in hunt for badges on 1st 4 projects on the list...how about you?

Tells us...comment...
----------------------------------------
oldies:UDgrid.org & PS3 Life@home

non-profit org. Play4Life in Zagreb, Croatia
[Sep 5, 2016 1:32:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: ECD topic

Shouldn't this topic be moved to the Chat Room. It has nothing to do with the Website.
[Sep 5, 2016 2:24:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Byteball_730a2960
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

?Isn't this something that sekerob already does?
[Sep 5, 2016 5:09:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enels
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Excellent summary KLiK.
[Sep 5, 2016 5:54:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

Shouldn't this topic be moved to the Chat Room. It has nothing to do with the Website.
Yes
Yes
For all those who're interested...I'm about to share pics from my Excel, which quite accurately gets Estimated Completion Dates (ECD) for all current projects...so some people can hunt badges, if the want to keep this game interesting...so, for some it's a game we play, to keep us interested here in this "adult world of crunching"!
The advantage of that spreadsheet is if the % changes (up or down) you have an fast way to see the ECD. I did that sometime in the past (with a lot more detail), but figured out that I giving WAY too much attention to the invested effort and the dates. It was hard, but I had to disengage myself from the specifics and enjoy the results.... so is it ECD or OCD ? laughing.

CJSL

World Community Grid: the final frontier. These are the adventures of the grid WCG. Its never-ending mission: to explore strange new methods, to seek out new cures and new solutions, to boldly crunch where no man has crunched before.
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Sep 5, 2016 11:14:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

Mention him ECD & make sure you got helmet ON! biggrin

Don't get me wrong...he's doing a great job for WCG...but his charts only gives total amount of FINISHED job, not in any way future estimates!
The idea is to make a topic about ECD (even though only 1 exists & it's Sgt.Joe's about MCM)...so you can plan in months:
- so have 9m to ECD, but can get another step of Diamond badge in 7m time...so I can run that project exclusively for next 7m!
- the project ends in 1y, but I need 18m to finish it...so either I invest in more cores to get to next step or switch to other projects here on WCG!

I'd be great if WCG decided to put ECD on ALL projects...but their policy is 6m in advance...& sometimes when you hunt 20y, 50y, 100y or 200y Diamond badge - you need a prolonged estimate than 6m!
wink

[Sep 6, 2016 6:21:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
OldChap
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

Just your first chart has already been useful to me.

After concentrating on UGM for so long I had no clue that Zika was such a short project. So much so that I should be doing that one next.

So thanks for this KLiK. You have done what I feel WCG as a whole should do officially

[Sep 6, 2016 4:23:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher

The used percentages come directly from the Research page, where an End month will show if WCG anticipates (by working of their algorithm) if 6 months or less are left. They will NOT publish anything longer out, with too many variables going into the equation [Help has an FAQ for this topic, for those who wish to read up, plus jhindo I think made 1 or more posts expanding on the matter. Search and thou shalleth find]
[Sep 6, 2016 4:58:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

Just your first chart has already been useful to me.

After concentrating on UGM for so long I had no clue that Zika was such a short project. So much so that I should be doing that one next.

So thanks for this KLiK. You have done what I feel WCG as a whole should do officially

thanks...that's the main point of using that data, for us who do a "long term goals"!
cool

will continue to make updates every 2 weeks...hopefully WCG might change their decision to make ECD public...suggestion has been made to put long ECDs in brackets, so that they are only "ordinance" & not sure...
wink

The used percentages come directly from the Research page, where an End month will show if WCG anticipates (by working of their algorithm) if 6 months or less are left. They will NOT publish anything longer out, with too many variables going into the equation [Help has an FAQ for this topic, for those who wish to read up, plus jhindo I think made 1 or more posts expanding on the matter. Search and thou shalleth find]

well, your percentages are more accurate...but haven't seen them all on one pic/page for a quick entry!
wink

[Edit 1 times, last edit by KLiK at Sep 7, 2016 10:20:06 AM]
[Sep 7, 2016 9:57:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

New pic with ECD...most of the projects slipped, except the ones that are on the end, UGM & MCM:

But still, 3 projects are on track to end in 2017! ;)

[Sep 20, 2016 6:33:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 291   Pages: 30   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread