Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 115
Posts: 115   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 66437 times and has 114 replies Next Thread
Bok7575
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Unable to Use API

I've already requested this, and my stats scripts automatically delete user data/host and team data that have been in the xml but no longer appear (used to be a soft delete, but I switched it to hard delete last week).

However as soon as I see terms like legally binding contract, it gives me pause whether to continue something that is after all just a hobby.

Sounds too much like work - I was involved in quite a few of the legal meetings when we at American Airlines migrated our SAP Financials to IBM's Cloud a few years ago.
[May 25, 2018 3:42:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Are all of those shenenigans responsible for no stats being published since roughly midnight (PST) to BOINC ans only partially on the "My Contribution" pages of WCG?

Ralf confused
----------------------------------------

[May 25, 2018 3:48:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

I've already requested this, and my stats scripts automatically delete user data/host and team data that have been in the xml but no longer appear (used to be a soft delete, but I switched it to hard delete last week).

Great - I'm glad you have been donig that even without GDPR. The stats export has both an implicit (the user and hosts willl no longer appear in the stats export) and explicit (for 60 days there will be a list of userids/cross project ids and hostids/cross project ids) exported accounts that have been deleted. We implemented this in BOINC itself and you can read the details here: https://boinc.berkeley.edu/trac/wiki/RightToErasure#DataExports

However as soon as I see terms like legally binding contract, it gives me pause whether to continue something that is after all just a hobby.

We are worried about the impact this will have on hobbiest such as yourself and we hope that the contract isn't too scary. However, GDPR gives us no leeway on this issue and we have to be in compliance.
[May 25, 2018 3:59:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DPC_Oi!
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hello knreed,

Can you explain why it is ok to have the information available on the HTML pages, but not ok in the XML pages?

They contain (almost) the same information, except in a different format. I don't think that the volunteers privacy is better protected if only 1 of the 2 formats is hidden... Is the format important for this?
[May 25, 2018 4:51:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

The Byteball distribution is broken cause of this issue. I hope you will give them quickly an access.
[May 25, 2018 5:11:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BladeD
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Wait a minute...has this broken my sig? sad
[May 25, 2018 5:24:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Project Badges:

Can you explain why it is ok to have the information available on the HTML pages, but not ok in the XML pages?

I am not a lawyer nor a politician so I will try to explain what I have been told.

Our webpages (i.e the HTML form) provide a service that we are reponsible for and when you come to our website and view our web pages you are consuming that service. We own the data that is shared and we own the responsability to only present data to you that was authorized by other users of our service.

The API's were designed to allow other people to take data from our system and then display or use it somehow in another system. Thus they become a service provider (or 3rd party processor) using the data from our system. Under GDPR, we have to control that data and make sure that it is used as allowed by the users of our system. Thus if a user of our system revokes consent and wants their data deleted, we have to make sure that these 3rd party processors (i.e. people who have consumed the data to render on their systems) are also delete that data.

I believe that screen scrapping would be a disallowed use of our website and thus the data would have already been collected without our permission.

Again - I'm not a lawyer, but the above is my understanding of the difference.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by knreed at May 25, 2018 6:25:38 PM]
[May 25, 2018 6:25:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Project Badges:

The changes to enable the following are now live and available for use. This will allow you to access your own data via these api's if you are logged into the website.

Those API's that access the data for one user only, we are going to open up again if you have logged into the website.

This would look like the following if you are using wget to access the verification API.

# Login
wget --save-cookies cookies.txt \
--keep-session-cookies \
--post-data 'j_username=XYZ&j_password=ABC' \
--delete-after \
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/j_security_check

# Go to API
wget --load-cookies cookies.txt \
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/api/members/{member name}/results?code={verification code}

The following API's will be supported with this:

API's that return data for more than just your user or using the API's to get data for other users will require going through the process to get a token.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by knreed at May 25, 2018 6:33:33 PM]
[May 25, 2018 6:33:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DPC_Oi!
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hi knreed, thanks for your answer on html vs xml.

I really hope it will turn out that the data of team members would turn out to be not personal identifiable data or something, because otherwise it feels like the end of DC as we know it... If it is no longer possible to post the team member results on a forum, then that kind of takes the competition element away. :'(
[May 25, 2018 7:08:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
adriverhoef
Master Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

The changes to enable the following are now live and available for use. This will allow you to access your own data via these api's if you are logged into the website.
Confirmed! cool It works. dancing Thank you very much! smile

EDIT:
I have also updated my script 'wcgresults' to fetch your own personal Results from the WCG website via the API:
$ wcgresults -daf WCG.log
You can download the latest version of 'wcgresults' here.
You could also run this script to see if your queues are filled up to your liking:
$ while sleep 7200; do wcgresults -dqq; done

[Edit 1 times, last edit by adriverhoef at May 25, 2018 8:19:14 PM]
[May 25, 2018 7:12:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 115   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread