Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2802
Posts: 2802   Pages: 281   [ Previous Page | 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 596940 times and has 2801 replies Next Thread
CaffeinatedSloth
Advanced Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Work Available

Is there still OpenPandemics beta work being released or is that it for now?

Chris
----------------------------------------

[May 9, 2020 1:55:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

The whole point of Beta testing is to discover the problems before going into mass production. As such they have sent out a small batch, made a number of changes to the programming and have issued a larger batch for testing. They will then analyse the results.

If everything is OK then that would be that for testing. Otherwise there will be more tweaking of the program and another batch of Beta testing, etc, until they are satisfied with the results.

I did not initially get any of the second batch, but picked up 16 re-sends.

This is a forum for arp and not opn or beta.

Mike
[May 9, 2020 3:20:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Robokapp
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

one machine has 10 and the bigger machine has none.

i wish 5 and 5 but i'm not picky. i crunch other stuff when i cant get work for this project.
[May 11, 2020 8:53:35 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KerSamson
Master Cruncher
Switzerland
Project Badges:

It seems that it remains difficult to fetch regularly work for this project.
Additionally, I have the feeling that the scheduler takes the network bandwidth into account, since I receive less ARP1 WUs at home (with a poor ADSL connexion, in particular upstream) than at the office (with optical fibre connexion).
Yves
[May 11, 2020 5:24:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rbotterb
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

I've been getting these ARP1 at home for awhile now (Thanks Covid-19 lockdown). Now since I'm running on my laptop only, given the size of these ARP1 WUs, I find at most my laptop runs fine if I'm only running 1 or maybe at most 2 at one time. Since on my laptop, these WUs are generally running 24+ hrs overall and probably around 3-4 hours wall time between checkpoints, it generally takes 4-5 days for me to get one of these big puppies completely crunched. So for now I'm maybe getting 2-4 done per week right now. Yes, sometimes I don't see a new ARP1 WU for a couple days at a time, but I still have plenty of other projects to fill in the gaps. Working towards my Silver badge for ARP1 now, but I figure it may be later in June or early July before I get there. My biggest concern with these big WUs is the limited number of checkpoints. I suspect when I go back to work (when who knows), I may soon find I can't run one of these ARP1 WUs in a way to get them done by the 7 day limit. If that is the case, I may find I have to drop this project until sometime in the future when they add additional checkpoints at allow me to get work done in smaller increments.
[May 18, 2020 3:03:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ca05065
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

If you 'sleep' the laptop instead of 'shutting down', the work units should continue execution from where they were after startup. In sleep mode power is still drawn from the battery to maintain the current state of the memory.
If the 'hibernate' option is available the memory contents are written to disk and reloaded on startup.
[May 18, 2020 4:09:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jack007
Master Cruncher
CANADA
Project Badges:

So,
Has it been easier getting work units now that covid is out?
I know I set my machines to only get 6 apiece and it seems like it's been keeping up with that just fine.
It's not so fun though I love cruising through one project at a time.

[May 20, 2020 12:33:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Robokapp
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

COVID goes on the android and mixes in with ARP well. I'm glad to have these two projects to work on. they synch well.
[May 20, 2020 7:11:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Availability seems to have improved since OPN came along. Fewer units are being crunched. Project now at about 6.6% completed.

Mike
[May 21, 2020 8:35:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jack007
Master Cruncher
CANADA
Project Badges:

android eh, well i gotta get the old phone working.

[May 23, 2020 6:34:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 2802   Pages: 281   [ Previous Page | 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread