Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 822
Posts: 822   Pages: 83   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 146975 times and has 821 replies Next Thread
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Work unit availability

Good afternoon,

The new GPU application for OpenPandemics will be sending out 1700 work units on average every 30 minutes.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Apr 6, 2021 6:50:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grumpy Swede
Master Cruncher
Svíþjóð
Project Badges:
Re: Work unit availability

Thanks Uplinger.
I'm sure we will drain that flow without any problems smile
----------------------------------------

[Apr 6, 2021 6:53:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Did the batch numbering start at 1 for OPNG? I'm already seeing batch 174 but the batches aren't consecutive.
[Apr 6, 2021 6:54:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Keith

What specs do we need to run the units? I didn't get any Beta units.

Mike
[Apr 6, 2021 6:56:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bozz4science
Advanced Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:

1700 WUs only, or do you mean batches? :)

Congratulations on reaching this final milestone Keith and having pushed the timeline numerous time to get here. I'll happily contribute for the foreseeable future with 2 mid-tier GPUs. Cheers!
----------------------------------------

AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 4.0 GHz / GTX1660S
Intel i5-4278U CPU @ 2.60GHz
[Apr 6, 2021 6:59:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Umlauf
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hallo Mike,

is the GPU usage in the device Profile enabled?

This setting is new.

Umlauf
[Apr 6, 2021 7:02:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Did the batch numbering start at 1 for OPNG? I'm already seeing batch 174 but the batches aren't consecutive.

OPNG uses a different pipeline for work units from the researchers. So all GPU work units will come from OPNG and cpu will be under OPN1. This is helpful for 2 reasons:

1. It allows us to easily distinguish which workunit a member is discussing about
2. Allows the researchers to put more difficult tasks into the GPU queue when they get to those.

What specs do we need to run the units? I didn't get any Beta units.

The minimum requirement is that your computer has a GPU that can run OpenCL 1.2. However, there are some cards that still have issues even though they claim to be able to handle them.

Also, please check your device profile settings to make sure that you allow GPU work on the graphics cards your machines support. You can check the top of your event log to see what graphics cards BOINC recognizes on your machine.

1700 WUs only, or do you mean batches? :)

I do mean work units. This should equate to about 200 batches per day.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Apr 6, 2021 7:22:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Amalthea
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hi :) Is it normal and intended that there are no work units for my NVidia GPU? I'm crunching AMD/ATI ones, one at a time, but it would be a waste since the NVidia is my main GPU. I did activate all with "Yes" in the options.
Take care!
[Apr 6, 2021 7:41:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jim1348
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Hi :) Is it normal and intended that there are no work units for my NVidia GPU?

I have the OPNG on both a GTX 1650 Super (Win10) and GTX 1060 (Ubuntu 20.04.2). As uplinger indicated, there is a limited supply.
[Apr 6, 2021 7:48:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 822   Pages: 83   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread