Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21676 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Acibant
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Login Form Not Working

I'm using Chrome 93.0.4577.82 on Windows 10 and I was browsing the forums after the redesign on the website went into effect but shortly after that started getting "too many redirects" messages while also noting that the URL in the address bar seemed to be pointing to a login page. I cleared out my cookies to then try logging in again.

On this new design after entering in my email and password I get a blue circle briefly appearing in the browser window before it disappears and the login form is just sitting there as if I hadn't submitted anything at all. No messages appear and browsing other pages shows me still as logged out.

How am I logged in and posting now? Well I had to click the "forgot password" link and that took me to a page to put in a new password twice, after which I found myself logged in. Logging out to then test that new password... same as before and won't log me in. So the only way to log in for me now is to reset my password every time to get around the login page.

On https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/login the Chrome DevTools console shows a "404 not found" error for a GET request for https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/api/v3/login-redirect as the page first loads and shows a "403 forbidden" after trying to submit the form for a POST request for https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/api/v3/login
----------------------------------------

[Sep 20, 2021 8:07:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:
Re: Login Form Not Working

Still having this issue?

I was getting lots of redirection errors but those seem to have gone away for now.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Sep 20, 2021 9:03:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Acibant
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Yes, I am not getting redirection errors but the login form still doesn't work. I had performed the steps described previously on my work laptop and now at home on my desktop the login form still does not work and I had to use the password reset workaround. Edge is disabled at work but at home I have now also been able to verify that it does not work for me in Microsoft Edge either.

[Sep 20, 2021 10:19:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

Hopefully knreed can help.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Sep 20, 2021 10:20:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

I'm going to be digging into this issue after I tackle a few other items. I just wanted to chime in here to let you know that this isn't being ignored.
[Sep 21, 2021 1:47:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
karota
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I am having the same issue, the login form shows a blue circle briefly and then resets. Firefox 92.0 and Edge 93.0.961.52 on Windows 10.
After clicking Forget Password, I get a password reset email, and clicking on the link in that email then just logs me in without having to enter any old or new password.
[Sep 22, 2021 12:47:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Nortnarg
Senior Cruncher
U.S.A.
Project Badges:

I had the same issue also.
Logged in today ( after changing password again) and seems to be letting me login normally now. Hope that means it has been fixed . . . Thanks!

[Sep 22, 2021 1:59:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Pete Broad
Senior Cruncher
Wales
Project Badges:

I can log in, but I have to tick the remember me box every time....Win 10 and Chrome.

Pete

[Sep 22, 2021 7:41:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

I deployed a change earlier today that should improve this issue. However, I'm not sure that all the issues are the same. Can people who continue to have issues after this post, please respond here and let me know what you see? If you continue to have an issue, it would be very help if you could send your "console" log information and a screen shot of the network tag to support@worldcommunitygrid.org (attn: Kevin) so that I can see what you are experiencing.

You can access the console and network tab by doing the following:

On Frefox type: Shift + ⌘ + J (on macOS) or Shift + CTRL + J (on Windows/Linux).
On Chrome type: Cmd + Opt +J (on macOS) or Ctrl + Shift + J (on Windows/Linux).

Thanks
[Sep 22, 2021 9:01:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Acibant
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I see the same issues that I reported in the original post. I included a screenshot in Zendesk ticket # 30474 which you might have seen already.

[Sep 22, 2021 10:38:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread