Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6192
Posts: 6192   Pages: 620   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 502008 times and has 6191 replies Next Thread
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Minnesota Crunchers

Hi,

Just thought I would start a team thread for Minnesota Crunchers. I picked this team because I thought it had a name which reflected my region and my interest. I live in Minnesota and I like to offer my idle computer cycles for something worthy.

Minnesota - Land of 10,000 Lakes
Land of 10,000 treatment centers
Land of 10,000 politicians (I wish the election season was over)

I don’t know who Brianmn (THE CAPTAIN) is, but he picked a good name. He seems to be missing for the moment. Hope he returns.

Feel free to join even if you don’t live here. There are a lot of former Minnesotans who may still feel the need to stay just a little bit connected.

Cheers

Sgt.Joe
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Oct 30, 2006 2:18:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Minnesota Crunchers

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
The change of seasons is upon us.
At least this year it is only snow flurrries thus far.
The memories of the 1991 Halloween snowstorm are still fresh for some of us. Thank goodness no repeat of that this year.

Sgt.Joe
Minnesota Crunchers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Nov 1, 2006 9:56:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
The change of seasons is upon us.
At least this year it is only snow flurrries thus far.
The memories of the 1991 Halloween snowstorm are still fresh for some of us. Thank goodness no repeat of that this year.

Sgt.Joe
Minnesota Crunchers

Oh man...the Halloween storm. I was a roofer at the time and we tore a roof off in St. Louis Park that day. We got the roof off just in time for the snow to fall. What a nightmare. We had to run to Menards and get a couple of 40X40 ft tarps just to button up the roof. As I recall we did not get back to that job for 4 days. Do you remember the roads after that? Holy bucket of bolts!!! Talk about a frozen wash board. MnDot had to use road graders to scrape the ice off the roads. The reason being the ground was warm when the storm hit and then the air temp fell below freezing and never went back up above freezing for days. So the warm ground melted the snow at first and then 2 feet of snow fell on top of it. So we had 4 inches of ice on the ground and 2 feet of snow on top of it. You are right. It was a nightmare, but kind of fun at the same time.
http://climate.umn.edu/doc/journal/top5/numberthree.htm
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Nov 2, 2006 4:39:12 AM]
[Nov 2, 2006 4:24:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Brinktastee,
It is much more fun to look back on it than it was to experience!!! biggrin

Sgt. Joe

MInnesota Crunchers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Nov 2, 2006 9:21:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Ah!!! 'tis going to be a glorious day - 60F (15C). Just the kind of day to get the the oil changed and and get the car ready for winter. With any luck, won't have to change it again until April.
Anyone out there know how to set up headless systems ??? I have several PII and PIII systems I would like to get crunching, but I need to put them in a location where I would only give them intermittent access to the internet, probably on the order of twice a week. I have one additional monitor for them, but don't want to keep the monitor connected unless I must. I really don't want to invest in a KVM switch either. I do have a 4 port ethernet switch to which I would periodically connect my broadband. Currently use UD, but willing to give BOINC a go. Operating system would be 2000 pro. Any advice appreciated.
Keep on crunching. smile

Sgt.Joe

Minnesota Crunchers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Nov 5, 2006 7:21:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Welcome back Brianmn. It was a little while since you were around. Glad to see you back. smile

Cheers

Sgt.Joe

Minnesota crunchers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Nov 10, 2006 1:41:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

What a day today! We almost tied the record high here in the Twin Cities. Our high: 54. The record: 55 dating back to 1905. I could take this kind of weather all the way through March!!! cool

-Brink
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Nov 24, 2006 4:37:56 AM]
[Nov 24, 2006 4:35:56 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

It would have been difficult to have nicer weather on a Thanksgiving than this one. Every day like that makes the winter one day shorter. I just hope we don't pay the price of a return to the mean(average). All these warm days at this time of the year are certainly appreciated. Sure helps on the heat bill. smile
Record here too 53F (12C). Old record 51F.
Cheers

Sgt.Joe

Minnesota Crunchers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sgt.Joe at Nov 24, 2006 2:08:57 PM]
[Nov 24, 2006 11:36:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Winter is upon us I fear. The waterers have frozen, it is time for the heat lamps. Should be about 5F (-15C) tonight. Just being able to get the colored lights up while in my shirtsleeves on last saturday was quite a treat. Might just have to get some of that Surly beer those home brewer types were rhapsodizing about. Haven't tried it yet. Stay warm everybody and keep crunchin.

Cheers

Sgt.Joe

Minnesota Crunchers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Nov 30, 2006 3:32:28 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Winter is upon us I fear. The waterers have frozen, it is time for the heat lamps. Should be about 5F (-15C) tonight. Just being able to get the colored lights up while in my shirtsleeves on last saturday was quite a treat. Might just have to get some of that Surly beer those home brewer types were rhapsodizing about. Haven't tried it yet. Stay warm everybody and keep crunchin.

Cheers

Sgt.Joe

Minnesota Crunchers

It was raining hard, lightening and thundering yesterday and the temp was 58F here in the Twin Cities. Then the cold front moved through...todays high temp occurred at 12:01 AM and dropped ever since and now it is 10F degrees with a wind chill of -2F. Just a bit cool out there tonight.

-Brink
[Nov 30, 2006 4:30:56 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 6192   Pages: 620   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread