**Digi Template Class 11 am EST...HERE**

nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

**Digi Template Class 11 am EST...HERE**

Post by nun69 »

since it worked out well having everything posted in one thread at the begining that is what I am going to do again today..this is VERY LENGHTY, don't feel like you have to go through it all now...the article will be in the resources section after the crop....HERE WE GO.....

here is the link to the template if you didn't already pick it up :)

http://upload.acherryontop.com/product/9005243

First off open your digital program….I am using Photoshop CS2, so all of my directions are based on this program….there are lots of programs out there, so hopefully this will at least give you a basic concept on how to work with templates

Step #1:
Open your file browser and open your template

Step #2:
Open your file browser and pick a kit that you would like to work with and pick out a background paper that you like {we are going to do the 2 background papers first, but you can work on your template in any order you like}

Step #3:
Click on your move tool {in PS it is the little tool in the main box, top row to the right…looks like a + with an arrow on each end of the lines of the +} and place that tool over your background paper layer, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the background layer…..

Step #4:
Now you are going to MERGE the layers down…I use CTR + G then CTR+E….this will merge your background paper onto your grayscale background….

Step #5:
Now pick your smaller background paper from the same kit {pattern paper is the name of the layer on the template}…I picked the lime green paper…..now we are going to repeat steps #3 & #4…. Click on your move tool and place that tool over your pattern/solid paper, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the pattern paper layer… Now you are going to MERGE the layers down…I use CTR + G then CTR+E….this will merge your pattern/solid paper onto your grayscale pattern paper layer

Step #6:
Now pick another pattern or solid paper that you would like to use as your circle #2 embellishment {I choose the stripped pattern paper from the kit}… now we are going to repeat steps #3 & #4…. Click on your move tool and place that tool over your pattern/solid paper, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the circle2 layer… Now you are going to MERGE the layers down…I use CTR + G then CTR+E….this will merge your pattern/solid paper onto your white circle2 layer

Step#7:
Now pick another pattern or solid paper that you would like to use as your paper strip embellishment {I choose the yellow gingham pattern paper from the kit}… now we are going to repeat steps #3 & #4…. Click on your move tool and place that tool over your pattern/solid paper, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the paper strip layer… Now you are going to MERGE the layers down…I use CTR + G then CTR+E….this will merge your pattern/solid paper onto your paper strip layer

Step#8:
Now pick another pattern or solid paper that you would like to use as your paper strip embellishment #1 {I choose the multi colored criss cross pattern paper from the kit}… now we are going to repeat steps #3 & #4…. Click on your move tool and place that tool over your pattern/solid paper, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the paper strip1 layer… Now you are going to MERGE the layers down…I use CTR + G then CTR+E….this will merge your pattern/solid paper onto your paper strip1 layer

Step #9:
Now pick a ribbon from the kit you are using or any other kit of your choice that you would like to use as your ribbon1 element{I choose the orange curvy string from the kit}… Click on your move tool and place that tool over your ribbon, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the ribbon1 layer… Now you are going to delete the grayscale ribbon1 layer … now you will see that your RIBBON layer just says “Layer 1” in your layers pallete..we are going to rename it “ribbon1”..{NOTE: you can arrange the ribbon however you like…..I tilted mine at an angle}

Step #10:
Now pick a flower from the kit you are using or any other kit of your choice that you would like to use as your flower2 element{I choose the big blue ribbon flower from the kit}… NOTE: you can resize the flower to any size you like…I made mine roughly 2x2 inches….Click on your move tool and place that tool over your flower, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the flower2 layer… Now you are going to delete the grayscale flower2 layer … now you will see that your FLOWER layer just says “Layer 1” in your layers pallete..we are going to rename it “flower2”..{NOTE: you can arrange the flower however you like…..}

Step #11:
Now pick another pattern or solid paper that you would like to use as your swirl embellishment {I choose the multi colored orange pattern paper from the kit}… now we are going to repeat steps #3 & #4…. Click on your move tool and place that tool over your pattern/solid paper, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the swirl layer… Now you are going to MERGE the layers down…I use CTR + G then CTR+E….this will merge your pattern/solid paper onto your swirl layer

Step #12:
Now pick another pattern or solid paper that you would like to use as your circle layer{I choose the multi colored polka dot paper from the kit}… now we are going to repeat steps #3 & #4…. Click on your move tool and place that tool over your pattern/solid paper, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the circle layer… Now you are going to MERGE the layers down…I use CTR + G then CTR+E….this will merge your pattern/solid paper onto your circle layer

Step #13:
Now pick a flower from the kit you are using or any other kit of your choice that you would like to use as your flower1 element{I choose the red flower from the kit}… NOTE: you can resize the flower to any size you like…I made mine roughly 1x1 inches….Click on your move tool and place that tool over your flower, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the flower1 layer… Now you are going to delete the grayscale flower1 layer … now you will see that your FLOWER layer just says “Layer 1” in your layers pallete..we are going to rename it “flower1”..{NOTE: you can arrange the flower however you like…..}

Step #14:
Now pick a brad/button from the kit you are using or any other kit of your choice that you would like to use as your flower2 element{I choose the blue button from the kit}… NOTE: you can resize the brad/button to any size you like…I made mine roughly 1x1 inches….Click on your move tool and place that tool over your brad/button, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the button layer… Now you are going to delete the grayscale button layer … now you will see that your BUTTON layer just says “Layer 1” in your layers pallete..we are going to rename it “button”..{NOTE: you can arrange the button however you like…..}

Step #15:
Now pick a paper from the kit you are using or any other kit of your choice that you would like to use as your dotted circles element{I choose the blue paper from the kit}… Click on your move tool and place that tool over your paper, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the dotted circles layer… Now you are going to MERGE the layers down…I use CTR + G then CTR+E….this will merge your pattern/solid paper onto your dotted cirles layer

Step #16:
Now pick a title from the kit you are using or any other kit of your choice that you would like to use as your title{I choose one from Bellay Gypsy’s Uniquely You titles}… NOTE: you can resize the title to any size you like…Click on your move tool and place that tool over your title, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the photo2 layer {this is so your title is over the ribbon/string layers}… Now you are going to delete the grayscale title layer … now you will see that your TITLE layer just says “Layer 1” in your layers pallete..we are going to rename it “title”..{NOTE: you can arrange the title however you like…..}

NOTE: YOU CAN DO A HAND TYPED TITLE AS WELL, IT IS WHATEVER YOU PREFER :)

Step #17:
Pick 3 photos you would like to use…do any photo editing at this point….
Start with picture #1 from your 3 chosen pictures{I choose pictures of my son because he is such a “TOW HEAD”, hence the tow head title!}… Make sure your image is roughly 4x6 ….Click on your move tool and place that tool over your picture, right click and DRAG it over to your template….make sure that layer is DIRECTLY above the photo1 layer …now we are going to change the opacity of your layer to see exactly how you would like it to be on your page {I ahnged mine to 45% so you could see the photo 1 template behind it…Now click CTR + T and you will get a little box around your photo, now go right to the right of the top right corner and a little half circle arrow will pop up, left click on your mouse and move your photo at the angle you like above the photo1 rectangle template, now click in the enter of your phot and you will see just the top of an arrow and you can move your photo directly in position that you want it over the photo1 rectangle template …now clikc on the MOVE tool and you will see a pop p box that says “apply the transformation” and click APPLY….now go back to your layers pallete and click on the opacity and take it back to 100%.... Now you are going to MERGE the layers down…I use CTR + G then CTR+E….this will merge your photo onto your photo1 layer…..now repeat for the other 2 photos…I went ahead and cropped my next 2 photos to square sizes…I made them each roughly 3x3…and then repeat all the other steps

Step #18:
Go to each of the journaling layers, delete them and then type around the border of your LO…pick whatever font and size you like and journal away!!! You can also delete all these layers and do no journaling at all!!!

Example: MY LO with no journaling:

Step #19:
Now you can rotate and move any of the elements and items in your layers….also you can go and add more elements or pictures to your LO ….
Example of my LO after I moved a lot of the elements around: {I moved the swirl, rotated the cirlces a bit, I also moved photo #2 and flower #1 and since I decided I didn’t like the pink ric rack I went back and changed it to a red ribbon to match my son’s red shirt…} and I also added a few more elements to have that little "cluster" that I always seem to have on my LO's :)
Step #20:
Now you can go back and add whatever shadows you would like to your layers …Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with :) if you are not sure about how to add shadows check out Kim Hill’s tutorialsfor whatever digi scrappin’ program you are using….

items used in this LO:
Becki Kress: Sassy Princess
Bella Gypsy Designs: Uniquely You

ImageImage

http://upload.acherryontop.com/gallery_viewer/102736
Image~Angie~
cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Re: **Digi Template Class 11 am EST...HERE**

Post by cat1393 »

I have PS3....Is it SIMILAR! I hope it is!

Christine
Jeanne Marie's Scraps
Digital Designers
Gallery: 433

Post by Jeanne Marie's Scraps »

thanks for the template ang i love it
fong33
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 204

Post by fong33 »

Just dropping in to say hi.
nun69
Cherry Jubilee

Post by nun69 »

I am pretty sure PS3 is very similar to PS2, you may have some extra buttons and stuff but I think you should be able to dollow along...what do you guys think about my directions so far?
Image~Angie~
tj1958
Cherry Tart

Post by tj1958 »

Count me in. I was finishing the Acrylic Album class. It was sooo cute!
nun69
Cherry Jubilee

Post by nun69 »

tj1958 wrote:Count me in. I was finishing the Acrylic Album class. It was sooo cute!

was that Jess's class..she makes the darn cutest mini albums!!!
Image~Angie~
cat1393
Cherry Cola

Post by cat1393 »

How do I get the bounding box?

Christine
nun69
Cherry Jubilee

Post by nun69 »

cat1393 wrote:How do I get the bounding box?

I'm not sure what "bounding box" you are speaking off...what program are you using and tell me which step you are talking about :)
Image~Angie~
cat1393
Cherry Cola

Post by cat1393 »

Forget the bounding box...my mistake! I still on Step 3! When I right click the background paper and drag it to where it is supposed to go...it's not working. Yes, I have the move tool clicked on. Oops! I',m using PS3

Christine
nun69
Cherry Jubilee

Post by nun69 »

cat1393 wrote:Forget the bounding box...my mistake! I still on Step 3! When I right click the background paper and drag it to where it is supposed to go...it's not working. Yes, I have the move tool clicked on. Oops! I',m using PS3

....you have to hold down the tool button with the left click of your mouse over the paper and keep it held down until you pull it completely over the template area....now let me know if that works...
Image~Angie~
tj1958
Cherry Tart

Post by tj1958 »

Yes. The acrylic album was Jess'. She made it seem so simple.

This class is going to be a big help to me once I digest all the info. I am just getting into hybrid/digi and yesterday I downloaded a template and couldn't do anything with it! hahaha

thanks, so much, for offering this step by step info.
nun69
Cherry Jubilee

Post by nun69 »

tj1958 wrote:Yes. The acrylic album was Jess'. She made it seem so simple.

This class is going to be a big help to me once I digest all the info. I am just getting into hybrid/digi and yesterday I downloaded a template and couldn't do anything with it! hahaha

thanks, so much, for offering this step by step info.

if you can't get throughl the steps here, no worries, the whole article will be in the resources section after the crop :)

and Jess makes everything she does look easy :)
Image~Angie~
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Just the kind of directions I need. I don't feel so overwhelmed now. It's all clicking in my head except for the journaling around the edges and how you did the title, but hopefully I'll figure it out when I'm doing it. I have a "tow head" too so just will scraplift yours! Thanks so much.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
cat1393
Cherry Cola

Post by cat1393 »

Angie, give me a few minutes...I'm not ignoring you!

Christine
nun69
Cherry Jubilee

Post by nun69 »

Grandma Flowers wrote:Just the kind of directions I need. I don't feel so overwhelmed now. It's all clicking in my head except for the journaling around the edges and how you did the title, but hopefully I'll figure it out when I'm doing it. I have a "tow head" too so just will scraplift yours! Thanks so much.

the journaling is easy...you just have to delete the journaling I typed, and retype your own....once you journal whatever you want to say, you can position it exactly where you want it...I did 4 different journaling layers and al I did was type them right side up and then I "rotated " them 90 clockwise, 180 degrees {bottom} and then - 90 left side....does that make sense ?
Image~Angie~
tj1958
Cherry Tart

Post by tj1958 »

Ok. Good deal. Thanks, Angie.
nun69
Cherry Jubilee

Post by nun69 »

cat1393 wrote:Angie, give me a few minutes...I'm not ignoring you!

no worries...I amjust unzipping some kits I downloaded :)
Image~Angie~
tj1958
Cherry Tart

Post by tj1958 »

Oh. . . . See just tips like how to turn your journaling is something I would have never figured out on my own, but having you say that, it's like the lightbulb goes on! And then my brain goes crazy with ideas!
1luckymama
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 275

Post by 1luckymama »

How do I get the journaling down the sides????

Return to “NSD 2009”