Putting layouts in albums…

Moderator: ACOT Employee

mizz_kitty21
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 91

Putting layouts in albums…

Post by mizz_kitty21 »

So, I just spent most of the long weekend (here in Denmark) sorting my layouts and putting them in albums. I usually put my finished layouts in a box (I think it might be simular to the Iris boxers in the US) to finish drying and just general protection from kitty teeth and claws. 

Unfortunately for me, I have 4 of those boxes and they were stuffed full. Like, plus 20 layouts in each, just all different sizes and themes all jumbled. So, to the sorting…

Last time I put my layouts into albums, I didn’t do a very thorough job, so my albums were also a jumbled mess. I knew I needed to do it now, or it would be worse next time. It took me around two days to sort and change out old page protectors, while I had them in my hands. 

Anyone else like me? Before I got the boxes, I had piles and piles of layouts laying on all possible shelves, but since having the kitties, they have to be Secure from them. 
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1363

Re: Putting layouts in albums…

Post by VickiR »

I think there are a lot of us like you!  More majority than minority.  I have so many completed albums but also 6-8 Iris containers full of LOs.  They are labeled with names so I do have them organized a bit.  It's a process that never ends...
Nana01
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 95

Post by Nana01 »

Yup me too. I don’t journal on my challenge layouts till after I upload it to the gallery, so they tend to pile up.
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

stinkerbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 688

Post by stinkerbelle »

yes and no.  i definitely have a pile of LOs and when it starts toppling, i put them away unless i'm out of albums, then they go into some sort of container.  my scrappy room is off-limits to our million cats unless i'm in there too, so i really only need to protect them from myself and my shamefully messy space lol.

i don't do any special, themed or organized albums.  i just stick them in; when the album is full, i move to the next one.  so i'm definitely not like you (or most scrappers it seems) in that respect.  right now besides having a pile, i have a large basket full of pages that need to be put away and am happy for them to live in the basket for the time being.  i can't be bothered to take the time to do it lol.  i can't imagine sorting by date/theme/etc. because it seems that would take forever!

kudos to you for tackling such a big job!!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1043

Post by pawprints »

About 6 months ago or so I took the ton of layouts that I had stacked in cabinets and drawers and spread them out on my dining room table and sorted them and put them in their respective albums. It was years worth of layouts and was a real accomplishment. I now keep a drawer in my Dream Box just for finished layouts so as soon as they are done in the drawer they go. I'm going to try and keep up by filing them away in albums once that drawer gets too full. Let's hope I can keep up with that lol.
 Image Image Image Image

Breauxlabs
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 780

Post by Breauxlabs »

I am so far behind in putting away.... mainly because I need to order albums and hate spending money on them. Isn't that crazy? If I ordered 3 cases....yes cases... I might be able to put everything away. I do have them organized by year in Iris cases (apparently I can buy those with no problem). 

When I get home next week, I'm ordering a case! Settled! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage
FoxyStamping
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 119

Post by FoxyStamping »

So far, I am pretty good about putting layouts into the proper album, in a timely manor.   Between yearly albums and special events, and trip albums, I have over 50 or 60.  I just finished putting into albums the 16 pages I did for NSD, which were in a lot of different albums.  So , for some reason 2022 album is stuffed, and I have already taken it apart and added pages.  I do have an Iris box full of layouts that are random, that I don’t know what to do with.  Then I have an album for odd grandchildren pages. For the major part I put them away shortly after doing them, if there is an album for them.  
Sharon
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2442

Post by emmapaige »

I’ve been scrapping over 20 years. 
Last edited by emmapaige on Mon May 20, 2024 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2134

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

I am right now putting away the layouts from NSD weekend. I have SEVERAL that need to go in books, but they are stored in boxes dated by year. Since I scrap in chronological order, if I skip ahead to something new or fresh, it goes in the correct box till I get to that point in my album. Still trying to get room back in order from that crazy fun weekend, lol!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

I'm sure you will find many Cherries that will relate to your situation!

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.  When I finish a layout, it goes immediately into the album.  I do that for 2 reasons . . . first, I don't have the room to let stacks of anything sit anywhere!  And second, by putting it away, it makes me feel more "accomplished" . . . like a job was completed.  I know it sounds weird but hey -- look who's typing this!  😂
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2442

Post by emmapaige »

I’ve been scrapping over 20 years. At the beginning, I  kept up to date putting finished layouts into albums. But over the last few years, I’ve realized I have no more room to store albums and now have huge piles of completed layouts. I’m thinking I should switch to TNs since they will require much less space to store. BTW I store my 12x12 layouts in WeR Memory Keepers albums and they take up a ton of space! 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 940

Post by suewho372 »

Way to go on getting yours in albums!!!

I don’t like to wait very long. I do my journaling on the back after photos are taken and usually put my layouts in sorted albums when I have several - which could be 3/4 or 5/6, typically don’t let more than that stack up IF that many.)

I have mostly D ring albums and all I buy now ( unless I find a post bound really really cheap like $5 then I get it 🤣- but much prefer the D ring). I have all different brands of D rings.
Last edited by suewho372 on Mon May 20, 2024 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Susan

karen c.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1144

Post by karen c. »

Oh I so need to put my lo's in albums. I am still unpacking and organizing from my move and that is something I really want to do soon. It just gets more overwhelming as more time goes by. So glad you were able to accomplish that.
ImageImageImage          ImageImage
DrSonja
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 92

Post by DrSonja »

I am curious, how do layouts that have lots of texture and thickness fit into albums?
Image  Image 
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Relatable! 😂 While I don't sort chronologically, I DO have a pile of layouts that needs to put in albums. I have been trying to do this at the end of every month this year, but I think March was the last time I did this! 😂 I have some albums sorted by themes (fur babies, family, nieces and nephews, sisters, one album JUST for ME).... I've been trying to put the layouts into the appropriate albums, but using broad themes (ie, "family) helps me from trying to be too organized because I can't be THAT organized - it JUST doesn't work for me!
I do mostly 8 1/2 x 11 now, but want to do smaller albums in the future. I have a traveler's notebook now, and I love that size!
Nana01
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 95

Post by Nana01 »

DrSonja wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:44 am
I am curious, how do layouts that have lots of texture and thickness fit into albums?

I find they do well in the 3 ring We R Memory Keepers albums but they need to be standing up. This way the thick embellishments won’t get damaged and won’t hurt the photos on the opposite page.
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

DrSonja wrote:

I just slide mine into page protectors (for loose pages). I've been known to have some bulky art journals though, and I keep forgetting that I have a ton of smaller mini albums started ages ago lol!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Nana01 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:41 am
DrSonja wrote:

I find they do well in the 3 ring We R Memory Keepers albums but they need to be standing up. This way the thick embellishments won’t get damaged and won’t hurt the photos on the opposite page.

Ooop! 😂 I ALWAYS forget this because right now I don't have the room to stand all of mine up! It helps though! 😊
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

DrSonja wrote:

I use 3 ring binders.  The only real issue (and it's not really an issue) is that the more thicker pages I have, the fewer pages that fit in the album.  So ultimately, we run the risk of needing even more albums!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2842

Post by shoorn »

I use 3 ring albums for my pages and put them in chronological order. Unfortunately I tend to skip around. So while I am still on July 2019; I have lots of LOs from after that some of which are in an extra 3 ring album waiting and others are in page protectors and then large plastic envelopes (so the cats don't get at them). Then the ones for DS and grandkids are also stored in large envelopes. All the LOs are put in page protectors and sorted as to person and are usually given for gifts at Christmas and/or birthdays. I do some post albums for specific things - like  great-grands first album and ones for DS's trips. 

I do try to keep everything sorted and take my stack of LOs in page protectors at least once a month and sort into their respective large envelopes. 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”