Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 274
Posts: 274   Pages: 28   [ Previous Page | 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 225941 times and has 273 replies Next Thread
Mumak
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Help Conquer Cancer Crunching Chart

Help Conquer Cancer: Completed

It's logical that people who have GPUs and want them to be used will switch to other projects offering GPU tasks, including myself - MW@H, E@H, GPUGrid.
----------------------------------------

[May 21, 2013 6:24:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I am wondering how many that joined WCG crunching only the HCC project because of GPU capability will now flee to other projects that have GPU capability like milkyway etc...
Honestly, I think quite a few. This does not bode well for WCG who had 'opened' the wonderful Pandora Box of GPU computing. Even as I write this,
Like me. I discovered the WCG OpenCL GPU app late but had 12 GPUs running it. Glad they achieved their research goal but sad not to see a new GPU app here. Those GPUs are for now on Einstein. Regards to you all.
[May 21, 2013 3:53:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I, unfortunately, only had one GPU that could be used for HCC, but that computer will not be waiting for more GPU work since I am getting plenty of work for faah, GFAM, etc. and currently I am running WCG only.
[May 23, 2013 3:51:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

One last bump, just a little after the 'grid' computing end of HCC, this chart made me think of a Caribbean fish and it not being called Nemo: http://bit.ly/WCGTP3

BTW, read quite some time ago that sharks can't get cancer... they tried to give it to them, but the experimenters failed. Whilst some of the species are now on the endangered species list, gravely in fact, evolution certainly put something in place that without us would surely survive in the seas for another eternity. There's a rosetta's stone swimming there and we're killing them off... humanity at it's finest, and we may succeed to give the big C to them anyhow with all pervasive plastics in the oceans... top of the feeding chain, they must be collecting a lot of our dirt in their guts.

Rant end.

edit: Of course, the shark tale is per many a myth, even TNG has an [2003] article on the subject: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/08/0820_030820_sharkcancer.html
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jun 11, 2013 5:28:30 PM]
[Jun 11, 2013 5:04:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 274   Pages: 28   [ Previous Page | 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread