Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 40
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 26525 times and has 39 replies Next Thread
Viktors
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Project information

The project has been running very fast lately and we will be done processing the first three target compunds approximately on May 20, 2010. This means that there will not be new work units sent out after that time. However, the scientists have identified two additional targets they would like to screen using World Community Grid. Thus, after these last work units are processed, this project will be paused until the scientists can get the input data ready for further processing on World Community Grid. This is expected to take about two months. The scientists will be posting more details about this future work in a few days.

We would like to thank the membership for their generous contribution of computer power to this project thus far. The scientists are very delighted that so much processing was accomplished ahead of our estimated schedule.
[May 19, 2010 12:43:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GIBA
Ace Cruncher
Re: Project information

Thank you for update us on that.

Very very important project ! One of my favourites until now !

cool peace good luck coffee
----------------------------------------
Cheers ! GIB@ peace coffee
Join BRASIL - BRAZIL@GRID team and be very happy !
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=DF99KT5DN1

[May 19, 2010 12:50:14 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:

That truly is excellent news on all fronts - the fact that we've nearly finished processing the original 3 targets, the fact that we've done it quicker than first estimated, and that the scientists are so excited at the potential of WCG that they've found more work for us to do.

Well done everybody applause

Onwards and upwards coffee peace dancing

[May 19, 2010 2:28:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
damir1978
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

This project is really at the core of what is WCG about. Helping humanity and in this case, children: the most precious gift this planet has ever offered to us.
I can't wait of more work on this project or something similar. It really makes me proud contributing here.
[May 19, 2010 3:26:16 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
breathesgelatin
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Well, the important question is, will the extra targets go towards the original badge or a phase 2 badge? I am assuming the original. In that case, I am going to try to get my ruby. I am only a few hours off gold at this point. I guess I will start hoovering some HFCC workunits!!

[May 19, 2010 4:46:14 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nasher
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

as far as i can tell they are going for the original badge ... but wouldn't mind if they did a phase 2 either... shrug either way its more work for a worthwhile project

[May 19, 2010 5:32:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Commensurate with the official announcement, the time-line chart (WCGACT) has been updated to add about 6 months more crunching, with a projected resume 2 months from now. This is assuming same size and a bit more speed than the s2 target, which was done in about 3.5 months. Of course it could be running longer or shorter depending on WCG running more or less concurrent researches on a steady basis.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[May 19, 2010 6:51:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Well, the important question is, will the extra targets go towards the original badge or a phase 2 badge? I am assuming the original. In that case, I am going to try to get my ruby. I am only a few hours off gold at this point. I guess I will start hoovering some HFCC workunits!!

Let's say that I would not anticipate for this additional work to require a beta test of sorts [but, not for nothing does this require 2 months of preparation :>].
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[May 19, 2010 7:10:52 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alver
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

This is excellent news all round. I'm in...

If there was a choice, my preference would be to call it 'phase 2' (since when has one badge been better than two?!), but I understand some people will see it the other way round - anyway, I really don't care either way - getting the science done is the main thing.

This project has been one of my favourites for a long time, and I can't wait to see "The Return Of HFCC..."

Tom

(previously known as 'proxima' on SETI, UD, distributed folding, FaD, and Rosetta)
[May 19, 2010 12:19:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Richard Mitnick
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Does breathesgelatin really think that the badge thing is the "important question"?

Is not the science the important question?
[May 19, 2010 12:53:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread