Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 25515 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
ErikaT
Former World Community Grid Admin
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Help Stop TB project update - November 2016

Hello all,

We have a 'mini' project update (below) from the HSTB researchers.

Thank you for your support,
ErikaT

'Hi everyone and thanks for contributing your computer time to our project and to all WCG’s exciting projects!

Our last update was in July when we gave you a bit more detail on what we had been up to in the computer lab. Since then, we have been very busy establishing suitable analysis tools for our data so that we can extract meaningful results. This is trickier than it sounds, as even when those tools are identified and used, the outcomes must always be discussed and assessed, which is the stage you are finding us in now. Our PCA (principle component analysis) clustering analysis is generating some exciting results that we are now discussing. In September, Athina presented some of these results at the MGMS Big Data in BioMolecular Systems meeting in London , and is now busy writing up her thesis.

We hope to have a longer update for you after the Christmas break, when we’ll be able to give a bit more detail on our analytical efforts and its outcomes. Until then, thanks and keep crunching!'
[Nov 10, 2016 6:02:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Re: Help Stop TB project update - November 2016

Thanks EricaT and the HST project scientists for providing an update - each and every one of them are much appreciated and certainly keeps me (and, I would hope, others) motivated.

Basically, I know that the scientists in each and every project only have a limited amount of time in a week, so a brief update is better than none. biggrin
----------------------------------------

[Nov 10, 2016 8:56:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

+1
to what gb009761 said

[Nov 11, 2016 12:34:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
eruda@NMDC.cn
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Long time no see the news, as well as the tasks... it's really hard, in some sense LUCKY to have one HSTB among thousands of Zika

[Nov 11, 2016 5:05:12 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
adrianxw
Senior Cruncher
Denmark
Project Badges:

I noticed the percentage complete for the project has dropped again, was 20% has dropped in steps to 15%.
[Nov 13, 2016 8:59:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
vepaul
Senior Cruncher
Belgium
Project Badges:

I don't get any WU from the TB project lately. Is it suspended ?
[Nov 13, 2016 10:39:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

@vep
The project is active but the number of WUs they release keeps getting smaller and smaller (link and link). There is a very long (30+ pages) thread on the limited availability (link). You can try to contribute but it is very difficult to get WUs at this time.

[Nov 14, 2016 1:58:01 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

I noticed the percentage complete for the project has dropped again, was 20% has dropped in steps to 15%.
As the number of available WUs has dropped the (time-based) percentage complete that WCG provides is dropping. Deltavee said (link):
It was at 31% on September 9th. This decline in the Research page percent complete mirrors the decline in WU availability from an average of 12,000 Wus per day this past summer to less than 3,000 WUs per day now. There were just 1605 WUs returned yesterday.
That quote came from October 20, and that matches the number returned yesterday as well; 1,618 (link).

[Nov 14, 2016 5:28:18 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jay_Orlando
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Hello Vep and Eruda,

I can get 3 WU at 5:33:20 AM most days.
Jay

PS
Please let me know if you are successful.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by jay_Orlando at Nov 28, 2016 4:04:37 PM]
[Nov 28, 2016 4:02:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
eruda@NMDC.cn
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Still drought on my side crying

[Nov 28, 2016 4:36:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread